Episode Twenty Six

Hoping it was empty, I rushed into the next room

Hoping it was empty, I rushed into the next room. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was a bathroom.

Sitting on the toilet seat, I wadded up some toilet paper and dried my cheeks as my tears continued flowing.

Fuck. Why? Why did I let Tyler in? I had no idea Tyler had made it into my heart until now, but somehow he had. Damn it. I just wanted to get drunk as fuck, so I could erase him from my mind.

Suddenly, someone burst through the door, but I didn't have the energy to tell them to get the hell out. I barely glanced over to see the girl Tyler had been in bed with. At least now she was fully dressed.

Her eyes widened in fear, but I had no reason to be angry with her, so I just looked back down at the rug as I kept crying. Instead of giving me the alone time I needed, she carefully inched her way inside and shut the door.

"Ember? It's... Ember, right? I know we don't know each other, and I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now." She laughed to herself. "I'm sure you probably wanna kill me right about now, but I just wanted to say I'm really sorry. I never meant for that to happen, but when Tyler Noble wants something, it's almost impossible to say no."

I scoffed and wiped my nose as my eyes slid over to the bathtub, hoping she'd leave. "That doesn't make me feel any better, but thanks for the apology. I don't blame you, so no hard feelings or whatever."

Rather than leaving, she walked to the counter and started analyzing herself in the mirror. "You're perfect, you know. None of us can compete. And I wish I had a good reason to hate you, but you're not mean, well, except to Tyler."

She turned on the faucet as she laughed to herself. "You know, Tyler couldn't even get it up. He was trying like hell, but he was limp as a noodle. It was actually kinda funny."

What the fuck was she going on about, and why hadn't she left yet? I just wanted to scrub the horrible memory from my brain, which was kind of hard to do with Tyler's latest fuck buddy standing next to me.

"And get this. He kept calling me Ember. I know I should've left, but he's a fantastic kisser, and I mean, come on, it's Tyler. He's so fucking hot, you know?" She opened her purse and started pulling out makeup. What the fuck was this? Girl time?

I felt her glance my way, but I didn't look at her.

"Hey... do you want me to do your makeup? I'm really good at it. I've always wondered why you don't wear any."

Oh, my fucking God. What was she saying? And why did I care?

"I just don't see the point." I shook my head as I wiped my eyes. The tears had thankfully stopped since little miss talkative entered the room.

"Really? Why?" She asked.

"It takes forever, and I suck at it, so..." That seemed like a good enough explanation. It was the truth, and whenever I had to get ready for a performance, I always asked someone else to do my makeup. It was just easier than me trying and failing to make myself look different.