↽Prologue⇁

Mary Rodriguez was Spanish. She moved to San Francisco at the worst time possible, luckily her wits and serious behavior got her through. She's also seen some really weird phenomenons in her life like; people with chicken feet and snakes for hair or some people taking out swords or spears. Her attitude and survival skills are what attracted the Roman God Neptune.

She has been dead for six years.

Her daughter, however, continues her legacy but makes her own even better. On her ninth birthday, Mary took her to the wolf house and left her there. Now imagine being a nine-year-old girl left by her mother in the middle of the woods and being with wolves for 3 months. In those three months practicing, training and killing small animals who were considered weaknesses. When she finally found Camp Jupiter she was a small nine and a half-year-old girl carrying a hobo on her back because he claimed to know everything that was happening in her life. He said he would only explain once they got through the tunnel next to the highway.

Little did Isabella Rodriguez know that she was carrying her father on her back and almost died getting to the tunnel. The presence of Neptune in Camp Jupiter did no good but make everyone deadly scared of her knowing that her father was right over her shoulder. That same day, he gave her a bronze sword in the shape of a pocket watch that was attached to a chain that hangs around her neck. To activate it, you push the button on the front and it acts as liquid bronze and it quickly runs down your arm and reforms into a sword in your hand, to deactivate it, you touch the hilt of the sword to the chain and as if a liquid it reforms into a watch. The only way it knows it's her is because the sword has her blood running through it.

On the day of her tenth birthday and the day she got the SPQR tattoo, she learned the news of her mother passing away. Isabella did not know how to feel, on the one hand, she was her mother but on the other hand, Mary left her in the ruins to fend for herself not caring if she died or not. She decided to grieve for her mother. News spread across camp quick about Mary and anytime anyone asked the ten-year-old how she was doing her would give them the worst wolf glare anyone has ever seen and radiated power. They quickly backed off.

Mars issued a suicide mission when she was 12 to the whole camp. Everyone else was muttering about having work to do here and not wanting to go on the mission, Isabella was different. After seeing everyone disagree she stepped up to mars and volunteered to go on the mission. As soon as she said it, she could see the War God's eyes light up in amusement and she ventured on a mission all by herself for Rome. On said mission, she nearly died 4 times but she used her mothers' wit and skills that Mary taught her to live.

When she returned with the object that Mars requested, alive non the less, she noticed another girl there. A daughter of Bellona, the War Goddess. Dinner that evening was interesting, it resulted in Mars walking in the doors of the mess hall and surprised to see Isabella alive and on the deadline. He granted her the blessing of Mars, meaning she was 100x better at fighting and with her skills already she became the most respected twelve-year-old the walk Camp Jupiter. Her SPQR tattoo now had a trident on top of two lines and a spear on top of the trident.

When she was 13 she met Jason Grace. He thought that she was beautiful with her dark, almost black hair and sea green eyes. The power she radiated and her personality were two of the things that made him fall for her, she thought it was weird at first that he liked her but she got used to his flirting. They got issued a quest along with Reyna to go slay the trojan sea monster. Along the way, Reyna was always afraid of talking to the Daughter Of Neptune but didn't have a chance as Isabella started talking to her. It was a group effort to slay the sea monster but Jason and Isabella both dived in and strangled it. When they got back to camp Isabella got made one of the praetors of the camp.

At fourteen she surveilled the camp and even at such a young age, everybody knew not to try anything on her. Except for Octavian. He thought he could corrupt her at a young age but she was like her mother when it came to behavior. In front of the legion she was this no fun, terrifying person who can rip you to shreds if you do the wrong thing. Behind closed doors, Jason, Reyna and her always hung out and laughed as much as they wanted to. With the help of Jason and Reyna, Isabella remade the Neptune tribute into a better place and learned all the prophecies and the history of Romans. The entire time she didn't know that Reyna felt like a third wheel because of Jason's joking with Isabella.

That was also the first time Jason kissed his Bella in the confines of the Neptune tribute but she pulled away because she knew Reyna's feelings for her friend and she couldn't be involved in relationships because she was praetor.

A/N

Hey guys and welcome to my new book. I know I have written much for the stranger things one but this story just blasted into my head as I was re-reading the Hoo series and I just had to write about it. This isn't a Jason Grace ff. Its just important that he's in the prologue and their friendship/relationship was mentioned.