↽Nine⇁

↽Isabella⇁

Isabella was sitting on Georgie in front of the crowd, "Quiet! On the left side of me, we have Mack Cornwall!" Some people in the crowd started cheering but most stayed quiet, "On my right, we have Hazel Levesque!" The roar of the crowd was deafening and the Romans started supporting the girl of Poseidon's choice.

"They will be fighting so that Hazel has a chance to prove herself to the legion." She stopped to turn her head at the daughter of Pluto. When Hazel gave her a nod she looked back to the crowd. "Let the fight begin."

Instantly Cornwell started attacking by slashing his sword and stabbing but Hazel expertly blocked the attacks by parrying her spatha where Macks sword would be. Isabella knew what Hazel was doing, she was tiring out her opponent so when she went to attack he would be too tired to defend her blows. Hazel spared a glance at the Rodriquez girl to see if she was impressed with how she was performing and it gave Cornwell a gap to slash her side.

Hazel fell to her knees and Isabella glanced at Nico who was clutching his stomach with a hard look on his face, Isabella looked back and saw Hazel quickly kick the wrist the sword was in and Corwell's sword skidded across the arena. The golden eyed girl threw her sword to the side to make it a fair fight and went to go fistfight her opponent. Her moves, however, were getting more sloppy and the wound she had on her stomach was starting to bleed through her shirt.

This time Hazel was throwing punches and kicks at Conwell. He blocked and dodged half but the other half Hazel was hitting right on the spot she aimed, Face, chest, arms, and legs. Hazel dropped down and kicked Mack's legs out from under him and he dropped onto his back, She grabbed out a knife from her boot and pressed it to Cornwell's neck. Both fighters were breathing heavily as the crowd erupted cheering the daughter of Pluto's name,

Isabella held her hand up as Mack and hazel scrambled up to their feet. She slid off the pegasus and walked to stand in between the competitors she grabbed Hazel's arm and raised it. The crowd cheered again at the same volume, she let go of the younger girls arm and raised Mack Cornwell's arm, only five people cheered for him.

"The crowd has decided, the winner is Hazel Levesque!" Isabella yelled out. The next thing Hazel knew, Octavian was running up them with a large book under his arm and almost bumped into her, he gasped out to the praetor beside her, "The books have spoken. The books have spoken. The books have spoken." Jason and Reyna walked up to them hand in hand.

The Rodriguez girl frowned, "What have the books said Octavian?" The pale boy opened his book and showed the three praetors, they all read in silence. Nico walked up to Hazel and placed his hand onto her shoulder pulling her away from the important people of the camp, she briefly wondered why Nico wasn't there with them before he started talking.

"You did great out there sis." Her brother spoke with a soft smile.

"Yeah but I still got cut." Hazel said with a frown.

"Yeah, we should go get that fixed by the way." The half siblings walked away to heal Hazel.

The three praetors looked at each other wondering the same thing, who were the eight demigods and where on earth are the doors of death?

↽⋯⇁

The next morning the Senate House was packed with Demigods, lares, and descendants in toga's wanting to know why this meeting was so important. Everyone was present except for Jason Grace. Isabella turned to Reyna,

"Where is he?"

Reyna looked over at her fellow Praetor, "I thought you knew."

"He's never late. To anything." Isabella said exasperated.

Reyna sighed, "You think I don't know that?"

Isabella looked up the people seated in the Senate House who were watching the two Praetors talk, "You get started, I'll get Georgie to look for Jason." Reyna nodded and walked up to the podium and raised a hand while Isabella walked out and whistled. Georgie flew and landed in front of her,

"HAAAYYYY GIRLYYYY HOE CAN I HELPPPPP?" Georgie whined,

"Jason's missing from the Senate House. Find him and bring him here. Okay?" Isabella walked back in as Octavian got up and walked over to the podium and opened his book to the same page as he did yesterday.

"Eight half-bloods shall answer the call,

To storm or fire the world must fall.

An oath to keep with a final breath,

And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death."

Everyone alive shifted in their seats while some lairs glowed brighter and dimmed back down. "What's it mean?" A voice yelled from the back.

"It means there's a great prophecy yet to be issued." Isabella said attracting attention to her. Octavian nodded and continued,

"Eight demigods from this camp are going to go to these doors of death to do something we don't know yet. I am going to dig around for more clues about what foes we will be facing and who will be dying,"

An oath to keep with a final breath. Isabella thought. If she was going on this quest she will not be letting anyone die unless it's herself. Murmurs erupted at Octavian's choice words and many people had panicked expressions on their faces.

"Silence!" Isabella stepped up to the podium after Octavian scurried back to his seat. She lifted her chin and took a breath, "We don't know if this prophecy is even going to apply to us. For all we know, it could be used 100 years from now. No need to cause a panic." She said narrowing her eyes at Octavian, who shifted in his seat.

"This is all for now. However, if Centurion Octavian can decipher any lines from the prophecy of eight then you all will be called straight back. Everything spoken today will not leave this room. Dismissed." Everyone except for Reyna, Nico and Isabella stumbled out of the room as fast as they could to get out of the dark atmosphere that surrounded the Senate House.

As soon as the last person walked out Isabella dropped her act and slumped against the podium looking into the empty room that made her feel like she actually went to school once.

She turned her head to look at Nico, "We have to talk to Chiron." He nodded solemnly.

"Who's Chiron?" Isabella's head snapped to her other side where Reyna was still standing with a confused look on her face.

"He's Nico's family friend." She responded, technically it wasn't a lie so...

Reyna nodded her head inconvinced, "Sure. Let's go." The two praetors and the ambassador of Pluto walked out to see Georgie pacing nervously around the square.

Isabella walked up to him, "Sweetheart?" She spoke cautiously. The Pegasus looked up the girl that was stroking his nose,

"He's not here Izzy." Isabella frowned at her pegasus' tone.

"Who's not here Georgie?" She spoke cautiously, aware of the two listening to what she's saying.

"Jason's not here. He's missing."