Prologue

—-

"And then he whispered gently to her falling tears, 'I'm sorry.' And the girl sobbed harder, knowing that their memories that they had created had only resided in one person from then on," a calm cutting voice broke the silence between the two persons. The book was closed shut.

"My, I didn't expect you to be that sort of person, taking in all that sad stuff," Seraphina said with rolled eyes at her friend. The female simply sat up in her spot. "I've only known you for a few days and you're already being mean to me," Y/n sticks her tongue out. "No matter. It's not like I expected you to be nice anyway."

"I'm offended."

"Oh? Did I hurt the Queen's feelings?" Y/n taunted with little to no bitterness in her tone. Seraphina looked annoyed at her antics and looked away, muttering something that only could catch on as "Keep that up and I'll....", to which Y/n responded, "Do what?"

"...Kill you."

The Cheshire smile on Y/n's face grew wider. "That's a crime, you know. Anyways, what's up with you and that kid from earlier? John, was it? I heard you got into a fight with him earlier in the lunchroom." Sera visibly stiffens.

"Eh? You got that news that quickly?" Y/n hums. "Well, if you're the Queen, then I'm sure that even the way you're breathing would be recorded and sent as critical news. Also, don't  try changing the subject. I can't believe you picked on the cripple." The purple haired female fiddles with her bangs as she recalls the memory.

"Look, I didn't mean to actually fight him... It's was..." Sera trails off.

"Like he was different?" Y/n tilted her head.

"..." Sera went into deep thought as she tries to find the right words.

Y/n leans her head back on the wall and stared at the blue and slightly cloudy sky. "You know, I'm sure that there's something important about that kid. Don't mess with him too much," she simply warns.

"John Doe," Y/n smiles. "John."

Seraphina looked at her strange look that was quickly washed away with an eerie calm smile. And the silence fell between both of the girls once again, only the sounds of Y/n's small humming and Sera's tapping fell into the air.

Edited*

New Prologue: November 23, 2019