Chapter TH

-

-

Y/n walks back to the dorms with a nearly empty boba drink in her hand. Deep in thoughts, she takes small sips in order not to disturb it.

She couldn't stop thinking about her recent conversation with Sera and John.

"X-Static died from the hands of EMBER... A superhero," she murmurs, "That sounds familiar..."

She stops in front of a trash can and throws the plastic cup away.

"Sera isn't wrong, but John isn't wrong either. It's hard to choose what side you should be on... Wait, I need to head to Elaine's dorm room too... Wait how did I even think about her?"

Cursed ADHD.

Y/n sighed. "Maybe I should go shopping. I need more lotion," she hums, "I'll tell Sera when I head to their dorm."

-

"Aw crap! I forgot to tell John," Y/n face palmed as she and Sera were walking to his house. Chuckling at her friend's forgetfulness, Sera pulls out her phone. "Don't worry, I'll call him," she says," He should be up by now, anyways."

Ring! Ring!

"...Hello," John's groggy voice answered the phone. "It's 2 pm, John. The heck?" Y/n said in surprise as she grabs the phone from her friend's hand.

"Y-Y/n? I thought this was Sera..."

"It is," Sera sighed, "Hey we're heading to the mall to pick up some stuff. Will you come along?"

Sera and Y/n arrive at the pathway of his humble abode, walking up the stairs to get the door. "Ah, S-Shopping? Sorry, but I'm kinda busy right now..."

"Oh really?" Both Y/n and Sera chorused.

"Y-Yeah. My place is a mess... It'll take all day to clean," John persuaded. "If you'd move into the dorms like all the other guys, this wouldn't be a problem anymore," she counters.

"Then I'd have to worry about my life."

"True," Sera agreed, "Well, that's really too bad then..."

"Yeah! And—"

Ding dong!

Ding dong!

Don't tell me...

"YOU'RE ALREADY OUTSIDE?!"

~

"You think he's ok?" Y/n whispers as her ears twitch at the loud rumbles and tumbles incoming from the inside of the house. "Of course he is," Sera reassures. "I kinda feel bad for—" Y/n was rudely interrupted from the loud slam of the front door opening suddenly, giving her a small peep and hiding behind Sera.

John gloomily stares at the two females standing in front of the door.

"Aw, don't give us that look," Y/n teased. "Come on, with Y/n and I, we can speed up your cleaning time—"

Sera stops abruptly as she peers over his shoulder before giving a small smirk. The room was literal shining because of how clean it was. John sighed and stepped aside to let both of them in, introducing the 'messy house' to their eyes.

Sera picked up his boxing gloves from the floor and set it on the table before turning around. "There. All done! Let's get going!" She says.

Scratching his head, John let out a sigh. "Ugh fine... you got me," he says defeatedly, "But try to keep it short this time, alright?"