Chapter F

-

"I can't sleep," Y/n whined to herself as she stares at the ceiling of her room. She tossed and turned, but no matter what, she couldn't find a good spot. She sat upright unto her bed and jumped off into the carpet.

Walking to the bathroom to splash water on her face, she stares emptily at the mirror before continuing there rest of her morning routine.

She must've hadn't used her ability for a long time if she feels terrible after using it.

Y/n begins to put on her shoes and grabs her phone before exiting her humble abode and into the dark streets.

No, she does not live in the dorm with the other students. The only reason why she frequently visits is because of Sera and Elaine, sometimes Remi. Besides, coming home alone with happy thoughts after a nice day of socializing is a great feeling.

Introverts unite!

"...Should I go to John's house? Hopefully, he's still not off about what happened earlier. I should also go to Sera's dorm to apologize..." Y/n realized she was talking to herself. Letting out a sigh, she focused her attention to where she was going.

Dark and quiet...

The streets looked so eerie in the night time compared to the day. Definitely not an ideal environment for a low-tier high school female. Y/n's senses heightened as she puts her guard up.

This probably isn't a good idea. I should go find someplace to—

There was a building radiating of light. She let out a breath of relief before walking towards the convenience store, probably going to buy some early morning snacks. That was until someone came out of the convenience store holding a bag and a sandwich.

"What are you going up so early, John?"

He suddenly jolts from her sudden appearance as he turns around. "Y/n?"

The female eyes the bag in his grasp before making eye contact. "Hiya? Looks like someone couldn't sleep," she joked, "Mind if I tag along? I was gonna head to your place, anyways."

The smile slowly disappeared on her face as she notices his expression. He almost looked... frustrated? Angry? As if reminiscing...

Poking his shoulder with her phone, she gives him a comforting smile. "You can always tell me if you can't handle it. After all, I'm your friend, aren't I?"

John swats her phone and rolls his eyes. "Okay, mom." Y/n gets ticked at his statement but resists to beat the life out of him. "We should probably be getting to some shelter. Your house sound good?"

"Yeah," he nods.

They began a small chat with each other as they walk over to John's home before he suddenly perks up as he remembers something. "After you left, Sera and I were walking back to our places before an invisible guy was following us out of nowhere," he recalls. "Oh dear... What happened next?" Y/n asks curiously.

"Sera kicked him really far away and both of us ran to my house. She had to stay over just in case something bad happened. "

"You had a sleepover without me?"

Opening John's house door, they both enter and take off their shoes. Just in time, Sera groggily wakes up, her natural hair fluffed up without any extensions. "G'Morning Sera!" Y/n chirped as she walked over to her and quickly ruffles her hair. "How're you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fine, mom," Sera replies before getting hit by a random pillow.

You brat! Y/n angrily muttered underneath her breath.