Chapter FV

-

"I'm so tired..." Y/n yawns as she walks side by side with John who was currently cramming his notes for history class. "But at least I'm in a better situation since I ACTUALLY studied, youknowwhatimean?" She teases her struggling friend.

"Shuddup," he spares a look from his notes and gives a glare to the female who had a 'haha-poor-you-that-sucks' look. "It's not my fault that I was busy." She rolls her eyes. "Yeah. Busy trying to get past Sera's score—"

Too busy bickering with the female, John accidentally bumps with a certain blonde-haired male. "Ah, sorry about that," John apologizes. The blue guy, his assistant maybe, instantly goes over and fights the battles his king should've done.

With an angry shout, he yells, "HEY!" And grabs his shoulder, getting John's instant attention. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

"Um... cramming?" John sweats.

"YOU JUST BUMPED INTO THE KING AND THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY?!" The assistant raged. With a sassy look on John's face, he replies, "Look. I said sorry. What else do you want me to do?"

"If that's all," he continues, "Can I go? I have a test in ten minutes."

"WHY YOU-"

Y/n pops from behind John (her figure was much more feminine and smaller than John's build) and sticks out her tongue at the male. "Leave him alone. You're making a scene," she defended. Also, did you not see me? ;-;

Arlo frowns at her appearance and the fact that she's nearby that cripple. Shaking it off as him being overprotective, he grabs his assistant's shoulder. "Is this really necessary," he questioned, "Calm down. You're making a big fuss over nothing."

Seeing Arlo shoving his assistant slightly to let John free, Y/n watches him with eagle-like eyes and watches his every move. This wasn't like Arlo at all. Even if she was nearby someone, a boy especially, Arlo wouldn't hesitate to show his dominance and scare the poor lad away.

So why is he acting so nice to a cripple?

What motive did he have?

"B-But Arlo! He—"

"Hey, you said you have a test soon, right?" Arlo asks John. "Good luck then," he gives a small sly smile. John mistaking it for a sign of reassurance, gives a smile back. "Thanks!" He said.

Y/n didn't hesitate to grab John's arm and pull him to his next class. "Cmon, John! You'll be late," she cheerily exclaims as her and John's figure blends in with the students as they walk further off. "Stop dragging me!"

Arlo stiffens when he sees her eyes glance at his, making direct eye contact for a few good seconds. Her eyes slightly narrow and her lips pursed into a straight line before reverting back to their happy-go-lucky state as she swings her arms with John.

And they both disappear into the distance. "How two-faced," the blonde mutters underneath his breath.

I don't know what you're planning, Arlo. She smiles at John who was currently trying to get his life together.

But whatever it is...

....

I hope you know what you're doing.

I can read you like a book, after all.

I know you just like you know yourself.

-

"Good morning, class! Today we have a new transfer student. Introduce yourself."

"I'm Y/n. Please take care of me."