Chapter Thirteen

— .-.-

"These cuffs are quite bothersome," Y/n sighs loudly as she uncomfortably moves the metal surrounding her wrists. Blyke hums in agreement.

"Be quiet! I am trying to speak here," the green haired guard said before them. Y/n frowns slightly as she stares at the cuffs before staring at the guard. Earlier, the four of them were caught because of the ruckus in the mall. They were believed to be the reason, but in reality, they were chasing the culprit.

It was a waste of time, honestly. She had places to be other than here.

"We're students of Wellston, sir," Remi speaks out to him. The man widens his eyes slightly before reverting back to his normal serious look. "Oh, so you four are Headmaster Vaughn's students," he said. "Why didn't you say so earlier?"

'Cause you kept talking over us, asshole! The group thought with slight annoyance.

"Sir, if you review the camera footage from earlier... You'll see this whole situation is just a misunderstanding," Blyke explains, which was quietly approved by Y/n. The man scratches his chin and crosses his arms. "Hm. I always knew that guy was a snake...," he mumbles to himself.

He turned around. "Alright. I'll look things over. You kids better not do anything funny before I get back!" The moment his back was turned and his eyes off the students, Blyke flipped him off and Isen stuck out his tongue, making both Y/n and Remi slightly laugh at their crude actions.

Once they knew for sure that the security guard was out of there, Isen raised his cuffs as he inspects them closely. "Are you kidding me?" He says with confusion. "They really think they could hold us back with these dinky cuffs? I'm offended!"

Isen shifts his wrists as he lightly tries to spread them apart. "I could break out of this thing easily!"

"Hey, cut it out!" Blyke warned his friend. "You'll get us into even more trouble."

Y/n narrowed her eyes as she looks at the item confining her wrists.

"Isen," Remi started, "these cuffs weren't designed for people like us." Isen raises a brow. "Then what's the point?"

"Alright, answer me this." Remi's eyes make eye contact with her friend. "Earlier, why did you let yourselves get caught by security? You're clearly stronger than him." Isen stiffens. "Well, I didn't want to get  screwed over later on." "Yeah," Blyke added, "he's got the authorities backing him. And who wants to stand against them?"

 Y/n hides a small smirk before coughing."Exactly," she said. "What Remi is trying to say is that its the same deal with these cuffs." Raising up her arms, Y/s stares at her reflection through the shiny metal. "They're perfect for restricting mid-tiers, but for us...

 they serve as more of a reminder."

 Remi nods. "'Don't cross the line.' 'You may be strong, but the authorities will always stop you.'" The electric girl quotes.

 A wave of silence washed over the teenagers as they hear both of the female's words.

 "That's deep," Isen suddenly says. "Yeah, you sure know a lot about these cuffs?" Blyke said.

 "Uh..."

~~ .-..

Let's see... What have I done this year?

 ... Other than changing my identity and running from the government... I'm sure there's something I've done that doesn't risk my life.

 Y/n L/n... What a strange name. It's funny to say, since I'm known for changing memories of others, but even I don't know where that name came from. It's as if it has been with me my entire life.