Chapter Twenty One: They're Lying

--

"O-Oh g-god," Y/n stuttered as she tries to collect herself. John's breathing began to become short, stuttered gasps of air as he processes the situation before him. "Call Elaine, quickly!" Y/n snapped. "I-I'll tend to her!"

John didn't say anything in response, but opted to snatch Sera's phone on the floor, looking through her contacts for the healer. Meanwhile, Y/n had taken off the pink sweater off the girl and began to run over to the bathroom to get a soaked towel and then running back to the doorway.

"Hey Seraphina!" Elaine's cherry voice rang from the phone. "Are you all packed up—?"

"Elaine! I need you to get here right away!" John shouts with a panicked expression on his face. "Sera's—!"

Click.

"..."

Y/n stares horrified as she hears their conversation. John quickly tries recalling the healer, but for some strange reason, she doesn't pick up. "DAMN IT," he spat with malicious intent, "PICK UP YOUR PHONE, STUPID BITCH!"

Y/n twitches and quickly slaps John in his cheek, glaring at his actions. "We need to collect ourselves and act as calm as we can, John. Here, you fix up Sera while I'll do the calling," she says with a soothing tone, as if she didn't slap him moments earlier, and hands him the wet towel. His features softened and he shakily sighed and grabbed the towel.

The female grabbed Sera's phone and tried to dial Elaine but she still didn't pick up. "For goodness sakes!" Y/n nearly lost herself right there, but her eyes catch a certain contact as she scrolled brought her phone. A sinking feeling went through her stomach, but for the sake of Sera, Y/n tapped on the user and waited.

"Seraphina? What is it?" Arlo's voice says form the phone. "H-Hi Arlo! Can you come over to John's place and bring Elaine with you?" Y/n tries her hardest to not let her anxiety show through the phone. "Please, it's an emergency." She takes deep breaths as she waits for his response.

Arlo didn't reply as quickly as he should, and instead asked, "Why? Also, why did you call me first and not Elaine? I mean, it's—" Y/n grits her teeth. "For goodness sakes, Arlo get over here now."

"But..."

John rips the phone out of Y/n's hand and growls, "Arlo. Grab Elaine and go to my place, now."

"But why—?"

"JUST DO IT."

John hangs up the phone not wanting to hear any more from the male, and stares at Y/n with an expression that Y/n couldn't even read. He sighs before stating, "Sorry. I'm just worried."

"It's not your fault," Y/n reassures as she gets the towel that John has left on the ground and began to continue cleaning her up. The h/c colored female places her hand on Sera's forehead and opens her eyelid, checking if her suspicions were right. Sweating profusely, nearly unconscious, and panting?

Sera's eyes were dilated and unfocused.

"Shit," Y/n cursed under her breath. It seems like she was drugged but from what? Where's the wound? Sera's incredible ability and skills would allow for her to dodge any attack with ease or even get away from it, so how did it come to this? "I think she was ambushed," Y/n mutters. "After all, knowing Sera, she'd never go down so easily."

Maybe the drug made her senses hazy, or made her feel weaker. Y/n didn't know.

The door slammed open as Elaine and Arlo appeared with confused expressions. "What's—" Elaine tried to start but her eyes landed on Sera's unconscious and wounded body on the ground. Her eyes widened and she nearly screamed. "Seraphina!" She runs over and kneels down, "Get up! How did you end up like this?!"