Chapter Seventeen

I just realized that this is the longest I have ever written a fanfiction

the feelings of anger must be stronger than I anticipated

holy

--

Truth be told, Y/n was afraid.

Strange wasn't it?

After being faced with countless people who take lives without hesitation, a mere teenage boy shouldn't even phase her.

But the difference was the chains that held them back. All she had ever do was to make contact with their skin and report what she sees. All the killers she had met were surprisingly sane most of the time, even bothered to spare up a small chat with her. She would've been friends with them if it weren't for the fact that they murdered someone.

John isn't like that. Though he had never taken any lives, she had seen how unstable John was back then. So easily annoyed and quick to get violent; Y/n was afraid of speaking any criticism in fear he'd lash out. Though that was her first impression of him, she'd never thought she'd have to face that side of his for she understood the lengths he went through to be normal.

So, you can feel how conflicted and afraid Y/n was when John roughly grabs Elaine's face and threaten her with the same voice from before.

"J-John..." Y/n hesitantly let go of wrists as she pulls Elaine closer to her. John stares with wide pupils and slightly ragged breathing as if still trying to process what happened back there. Y/n notices his disturbing behavior and helps Elaine to stand up. The poor healer was shaking visibly as trails of sweat ran down her cheek.

"What... were you doing to her?"

John flinches. "Ah... She..." His eyes turn to look at anything but the females in front of him. "You heard her insult me. I just shut her up."

You and I know that's not the reason.

Y/n's breath hitches for a second before exhaling. "I'll see you later, Elaine. Please don't tell anyone of this," she says as assuring as she could. "I'll tell Sera you said bye." Y/n's orbs flickered slightly between a color of yellow and bright e/c, making her bite her lip to control it.

Shit. I touched his wrist...

Elaine nods rapidly before rushing to the door and grabbing her shoes. The girl puts on her shoes as fast as she could before opening the door and rushing out of there instantly.

"It wasn't what it looked like," John said with a normal tone. "C'mon Y/n. You know me; I was just tired of her constant whining."

She was getting too annoying.

"..." Y/n furrowed her eyebrows in slight frustration. "You didn't have to be so rough with her..."

John's face shifts darkly. "You expect me to be nice to her after what she's done?" Startled, Y/n slightly steps back as she hears his words. "Just because she's your friend, does that give her the right to insult me? Aren't I your friend too?"

"A-Alright..."

John smirks. "Good. Seems like you understand," he says cheerily as he stretches his arms.

How interesting. Y/n bites her lip as she refrains from adding gasoline to the fire. If I weren't so weak, I would've taught him a lesson-- She freezes.

When did I start having these thoughts? When did I start doubting...

"Hey, I'm back," Sera announces as she steps into the living room. Her eyes scaled the room and she frowns. "Where'd Elaine go?"