Chapter Eleven

-

"Where is he...?"

Y/n looks around the nearly empty hallways, even going to where she and John usually meet. He wasn't there to her surprise.

A bad gut feeling settled within her.

Since everyone knows that John can't be protected anymore, it's obvious he'll be targeted. So where would you beat up a cripple with no friends?

It'd make sense if he was in the hallway because it's where most incidents occur...

Agh!

I need to find a gelled haired student with yellow eyes.

Being so distracted in her thoughts, she didn't realize where she was heading and bumped her head against a blue-haired male. "O-Oh! Sorry..." Y/n worriedly says before she gets cut off when she recognizes the student. Isn't he Arlo's assistant?

"Whatever. Leave me alone," he growls, not really recognizing Y/n with her light brown hair. "You're lucky that I'm in a good mood today. Next time, I'll put you in your place." That was all he said before stalled around a corner. But strangely, his footsteps seemed to stop.

Y/n tilted her head curiously before peeking around.

"What is Isen doing?" She whispers to herself as she sees the orange-haired male lean on the window still and gaze outside. It seems like he was watching something. Knowing Isen, it must important for him to spend time on such said thing.

She activated her ability.

Now invisible to the eye, Y/n quietly walks over to the window to try and take a peek on what Isen was watching. She squints her eyes as she sees a black-haired male being cornered by a group of students. That can't be John...! She gulps. The hair was messy, which was uncharacteristic for her friend, for sure. But those bright golden eyes... were something she could never be mistaken.

Shit, that's John! He's beginning to show his true colors...

"When did you get here," Isen suddenly says as he sees the girl. Y/n flinches when she realized that she unknowingly let go of her ability. "Sorry, but I have to go," she says, ignoring the male's question. His eyes widened when he heard a familiar voice. "Y-Y/n? Is that you?" She sighs slightly before patting his shoulder and begins to walk away.

"Wait, what are you doing? Why is your hair different? I thought—"

"Too many questions," she cuts him off.

She stops in her steps before looking at the reporter with a shy smile. "I hope you know what you're doing," Y/n chuckles slightly before continuing her walk. "What are you doing here? I thought you were—"

Click!

Isen stops in his tracks as he stares at the light brown haired girl with confusion before returning back to the window sill and staring outside the window.

Y/n smirks slightly before her trotting became a sprint as she becomes determined to save her friend from those students.

-

"What the hell are you glaring at, idiot?" The purple-haired student says mockingly as he pushes John. His three friends watch amusingly behind him, obviously enjoying the show. The cripple clicks his tongue.

"Don't touch me," John mutters darkly. Not seeing him as a threat, the male student simply lets out a laugh. "Hahahahaha, 'don't touch me, ' he says? That new haircut of yours must be messing with your head!" His green eyes taunt John. "Don't forget who the strongest here is."