Chapter Fifteen

--

His black claws stretched slightly as John stares directly into Arlo's eyes with his bright yellow orbs. "YOU SON OF A B*TCH," he growled.

Ventus scrapes his fingers on the ground as he falls hard, leaving bits of blood in its trail. His eyes were filled with fear and confusion at the 'cripple's sudden attack and were incredibly off-put. What is this?! I thought he was a cripple... He thought with a slight gulp.

Turning to Arlo, he feels a bit of relief as the blonde stood there still with arms crossed and a small smirk still plastered on his face. Arlo is still smiling! So things must be going as planned.

Or so he thought.

Unexpectedly, John ignores both Ventus and Meili and sprints directly towards Arlo with great speed. His body was kept low as his arms were in fighting position, ready to wipe that smirk off that damned face of Arlo's.

As fast as lightning, John sweeps his arms towards Arlo's face but was suddenly intercepted by red claws crossing. Meili's eyes narrowed as she barely dodges the attack by her face and grunts slightly from the force of John's attack. But that's when she realized something.

He has the same ability as me? She struggles to move his arm. What are the chances?

"..." With a quick but brutal swipe of his claws, John angrily yells, "Get out of my way!"

Blood sprays out of the four deep cuts from Meili's body. Not even reacting in time to scream from the pain, she falls into the ground with a loud thud as she clutches her wounds. "Ack!" She squeezes her eyes tightly for a second before she darts her eyes up towards John as he looms over her. Terror fills her entire body.

"Who said you could interfere?" John growls as his claws outstretch and was raised next to him. The poor girl could only freeze from shock and stare wide-eyed at the black sharp talons.

"MEILI!" Ventus shouted as bright bursts of wind were blasted towards John as an attempt to save her from the black-haired male's wrath.

John brings his arms up and blocks the attack and was thrown into the air. Got him! Ventus thought with slight determination as he stares at his opponent in the air.

John clicked his tongue as he stayed suspended in the air by black and white wind spinning around him. WHAT? That's... my wind! The purple-haired male stood horrified as John softly lands down by the swirling wind unscathed before looking up and meeting eye contact with Ventus' scarlet orbs. "You...," he said lowly.

"That barely did anything to him?" Ventus nearly whispered. "Somehow, he's both of our abilities!" Meili states as she barely stands up. "Be careful! He's dangerous," she warned, "But if we work together, we can beat him!"

The male nodded. "Can you still fight?" He says as he eyes her wounds. "Yeah," Meili assures, "don't worry about me."

She stands in front of Ventus. The male student blasted his twirling wind as it carries her in the center. Using this as a human cannon, Meili was rapidly shot towards John with her claws outstretched. Listing her arms, she lets out a loud battle cry. "HYAAAH!"

"Trash."

Surrounding his hands, the same black and white winds from before arose and spun around his hands, before suddenly tossing it towards them. BLADES OF WIND?! Meili flinched. That's not part of Ventus' kit!

Barely dodging the surprise attack, she could only turn around in shock as she sees Ventus get hit straight-on. "UGH!" He heaves as the wind sliced his chest before falling on the floor. "VENTUS!"