Chapter Twenty Two: She's Back

It was a failure.

Upon arriving, Y/n was unable to get any new information from her 'informants', and was only washed with news that she had already heard. It was disappointing to say the least, so she decided to lend some of her help and at least try to extract some new bits of information from the kidnappers, or that one suspicious company that they were investigating, but they couldn't do so.

Now with many hours passed and wasted, Y/n wearily returns to John's home.

It was an empty street as she drove back. Her eyes trailed to the clock that flashed repeatedly with mindless number, a tight pursed smile appearing on her lips. "1 am... Did I really stay there for that long? And only to return empty handed..." It really wasn't a good day for her, she grumbled.

She stops at a red stoplight, despite no one was trying to pass by. She taps her finger against the dark board of the car, ticking the time until it began to shine green again. However, when the light did turn green, Y/n didn't bother to instantly drive ahead, and instead sit there for a few seconds to try and recollect herself.

A breather was what she really needed after what had just happened.

Finally, she steps on the gas, and began to drive forwards.

—BEEP—

"What the fu—" She snaps back to the loud sound behind her and was instantly hit with bright glaring lights of a car. Squinting, she could see through the dark windows and two figures were slightly waving their hands at her, though it was obvious to see that they weren't happy. Honking again, Y/n turns around and began to mutter a line of curses that were never invented until now, before stepping back to the paddle and driving forward.

Sleep deprivation really wasn't the best to have when driving, she thought, and became slightly embarrassed from the small incident at the stoplight. At least I won't have to see them again...

Is what she thought.

A loud beep came from behind her, and she realizes it was the same car from earlier, and that the vehicle was way to close for comfort. "Really? Tailgating?" She groaned. "I'm already at the speed limit!" She was indeed going at the limit on the fastest lane, so what the hell are they thinking? It was annoying to get delayed any further, since all Y/n was think of was sleeping at John's, she defiantly did not want to have an accident at this time of hour.

So begrudgingly, she slows down and allows whoever was behind her to pass.

They give out a honk as a sign of gloating as they passed her small car, giving Y/n a view of how the vehicle looked like.

"...A white van?" She mumbled. No wonder they were tailgating, since it's such a bigger car compared to mines. But, not to be that one suspicious and paranoid person, who would be driving at this time of hour and in a white van?

Recalling Sera's memories, didn't she say that there was a van like that who attacked her?

Y/n narrows her eyes. Since it's been a while that I have copied someone else, I'm pretty powerless. I have to get to the house quick.

And then something happened.

Out of nowhere, the white van in front had slowed down rapidly. Y/n slammed her breaks as the tip of her car almost crashed into their bumper, and she lets out a loud beep. "WHAT THE FUCK!" Her heart pounded as she tries to recollect herself and drove to the side, her car skidding to a halt. "Holy shit... This is why I don't fucking drive..."

The van in front of her stopped and parked a few meters away, and the people began to jump out. She tried to see if it was anyone that Sera probably had seen, but it was either too dark or she was too tired to remember. As they approached her car, Y/n eyes the small pocket knife at her side. Thank goodness that I managed to steal something before I left.