Oh my god!

Piper POV

The ringing in my ear caused by the gun going off left me feeling flustered. I instantly drop to my knees releasing the gun from my hands.
Kubra is now on the ground with blood pouring out of his stomach. I look for Alex and when I finally set eyes on her I immediately rush over to her. She was passed out, I check her pulse to see if she was still alive. Maybe just before Kubra let go of her she had already passed out.

"Oh my god! Thank god." I said while kissing her forehead.

I search for my phone and call the police.

"Hello 911 what's your emergency?"

"Um...yes my name is piper chapman and a man by the name of Kubra balik is bleeding out on my living room floor a-and my fiancé i-is unconscious in my arms" I struggled to get my words out as I look at Alex.

Of course I'd say fiancé me and Alex aren't legally married yet. So in a moment of crisis I have to be precise.

"Ok I'm sending law enforcement and paramedics. But I'm going to need you to stay on the phone, and answer a few questions can you do that ma'am?"

"Yeah" I say weeping as I rock back and forwards with Alex laying in my arms.

"Ok ma'am why is your fiancé unconscious and why is there a man bleeding out on your floor?"

"Because he broke into my apartment while I was gone and attempted to kill my fiancé, and when I got here I saw that he had Alex in chock hold with a gun placed to her head. So I reacted and went for the gun right after I tossed my fiancé my phone and she used it to jab him in his private. But we fought for the gun and the trigger was pulle- oh my god I shot someone!."

"Ok ma'am what I gathered from what you just told me is that this whole situation was basically self defense? And that Alex..."

"Vause. Alex vause."

"Yes. Right ok so Alex vause is your fiancé?"

"Yes" I said with quivering lips.

"Umm ma'am why was this male after your fiancé?"

"Me and fiancé recently went to prison because of the involvement we both had in the international drug cartel he ran. But when the trial came up my fiancé told the feds on Kubra to protect me so he tried to kill her today."

There was silence for a second.

"Ok so ma'am...umm what is the current status on the male?"

I reach over to check his pulse and that's when I realized that he wasn't breathing.

"He's not breathing ma'am."

"Fuck" I say over and over.

"Ma'am don't panic! That is the last thing we need. Just sit there and keep an eye on both of them please and thank you."

But all I could focus on was Alex and how scared she look while unconscious.

"Miss Chapman the paramedics have arrived at your home."

They rush through the front door like a swat team being loud but courteous. But yet all I could do is focus on Alex.

I start to panic just thinking about what could happen next.