ready to go home

3rd person POV

"Miss Chapman you have a slight concussion. Now-" the doctor was cut off before he could finish his sentence.

"Wait!... that's it? A concussion? that's all you had to say instead of bringing suspense into the situation! Fuck yeah she's going to have a concussion, she was in a fucking car accident!"

Alex says while growing angry.

"Oh I'm truly sorry miss Vause for scaring you and your fiancé. I've been known to do that my entire life"

Doctor Shoeman said.

"Well can you work on that for the time being? And please stop calling me "miss Vause" it's just Alex. How bad is the concussion?"

"Oh it's minor, but the reason I wanted to keep you longer is to make sure that it doesn't get worse. Which it absolutely could. So yeah! We want to keep and eye on you, you know just to stay on the clear side. We have to be positive on everything before sending you home. It's protocol."

He says sounding apologetic.

Piper quickly jumps talk before Alex so that she wouldn't get more angrier.

"Thanks doctor Shoeman. Let us know how long we're going to need to stay up here and we'll call our jobs and give notice. And I apologize for the way that Alex is being it's just that it's been a hard couple of weeks." Piper said

"Yes, I understand" Doctor shoeman says.

*later that week on Friday*

Piper was just waking up when she noticed Alex staring at her.

"Jesus Alex! This is something you've got used to doing isnt it?"

"What are you talking about pipes" Alex clearly knows what piper is talking about.

"Don't play coy with me, you know what I'm talking about"

"Nope pipes I don't but the moment is over so I guess I'll never find out" Alex says sarcastically.

"So anyway it's time for you to eat now that you've awoken. The doctor said that we'll be here until five so you have time to eat breakfast."

"Wait me? What about you eating too?" Piper asked suspiciously.

"Well if you must know!"

Alex says while pulling out flowers and a chipotle bag. She pulls a plastic container out of the chipotle bag and handed the flowers to piper.

She then proceeded to say..

"I went outside while you were sleeping to get some fresh air. Then I got hungry so I went to chipotle and ordered a salad which explains the bag. On my way back the Uber driver pointed out a man selling flowers so I picked some up for you!"

Alex explains while trying not to forget any detail because if she did she knew her fiancé would ask more questions.

"While I'm jealous you got to eat chipotle and didn't get me any, I find it sweet that you bought me flowers!" Piper says with a high pitch voice.

"You're welcome pipes. No but seriously you have to eat something off of the list the doctor gave you. So I ordered for you! These are foods that help your brain recover from a concussion."

Piper smiles at Alex

"Aww look at you being all caring of me" piper says teasingly.

Alex glares at her but can't stop the smile creeping onto her face.

"Like I was saying... I ordered you some broccoli a bowl of blueberries and some green tea. And I know I know that what I ordered doesn't necessarily go together but your options were limited."

Piper starts to look around

"It's on its way pipes. Jesus are you that hungry?"

"No. I'm starving!"

Alex chuckles under her breath and then suddenly someone opens the door and comes in with piper's food.

"Miss Chapman? Am I saying that correctly?" The lady asked.

"Yes! Yes you are" piper says with excitement in her voice.

"Calm down pipes!"

"Wait is that like a joke or something? I mean I over heard the doctor say that your her fiancé and here you are calling her pipes" the lady says with a huge grin.

"What!?" Alex says while giving the lady a disgusted look.

"Well you know, your lesbians and you call her "pipes" which is a reference to a penis...you get it "pipe" no?... oh ok... well never mind."

"Yeah we get it!" Alex says in a tone that was for sure to let the lady know to leave.

She quickly turns around with her cart that was now empty after giving piper her food and left the room.

"Alex! Why are you so mean? Like really come on she was just making a joke."

Alex response to piper was...

"She made a joke about dick! How else did you expect me to respond? Ugh I'm going to be sick just thinking about it."

"Aww man!" Piper said

A nurse peaks her head through the door.

"Hey! Dr. Shoeman told me to tell you guys your discharge papers are ready to go! So whenever your all packed up the paperwork will be waiting in the front"

She shuts the door. Alex brought some things up to the hospital earlier in the week.

When piper was done eating they walked down to the lobby. Alex did the little packing thru had to do back at the hospital room.

After signing everything they called an Uber and went home.