My heart hurts

Alex POV

It's been three weeks now and me and piper are getting ready to return to Ohio. It's been nice to be able to spend time with just piper. I have to admit though, this isn't what I had in mind after being released from prison. Part of me thought that piper would get tired of waiting even after she decided to stay.

"Pipes hurry! Our plane is going to leave in an hour." I yell across the room.

"I'm coming Just wait a second" she responds

"We don't have a second piper."

"Technically we do you said an hour until our plane leaves." She says seductively crawling towards me.

"Babe please come on please. All I want to do is rip your clothes off believe me I do but we just don't have time."  I pleaded

"Fine! Don't make love to your wife then it's totally fine." She says as she grabs her bags off the bed and walks out of the room.

"Really piper a temper tantrum..... seriously?"

We arrive at the airport and board the plane. God it felt good to be able to fly in first class again.

Time passes

It's been six hours now we have six more to go until we reach Ohio. Piper was asleep so I took that time to eat and go to the bathroom. After a while I eventually feel asleep.

More time passes by.

"Umm miss Vause we've reached you and your wife's destination." The flight attendant says

I quickly wake up.

"Pipes come on we're here." I say while shaking her.

"I'm up I'm up!"

We weren't expecting what we got when walking to our Uber.

*cameras flashing

"Miss Chapman! Can you tell us how was your honeymoon!?"

"Alex! Why would you send the love of your life to prison? And did you feel guilty once reuniting with Piper Chapman in prison?"

That was it, that question right there stabbed me. I couldn't help but wonder why it mattered to strangers if me and piper were already pass that.

"Alex, piper!... piper! Alex!"

It was like a swarm of bees. The paparazzi just kept attacking. But then I hear a familiar voice.

"Alex are you ok? come on let's go! I'm so sorry They asked you that. This is why I was hesitant on putting that in the book even after consulting with you because I knew this was going to happen."
Piper says while dragging me away from the flashing cameras.

The tension in the air was so thick that you could cut straight through it with a pair of scissors.
We pulled up to our new house, which was already furnished thanks to Nicky being the supervisor while we were gone. All of our belongings were hauled over to the new place.

I hurry inside the house so that Nicky wouldn't see me. I found that the house has two guest rooms so I slept in one of those after taking a shower. I wanted to sleep with my wife in our bed. I wanted to make love to her until she fell asleep. But looking at piper would only bring back what the paparazzi said.

Great now a fucking man with a stupid fucking camera has caused problems in my marriage just three weeks in. We haven't even fought over which side of the bed we want yet.

The next morning

* Beep Beep Beep

"Alex babe wake up you have to see this"

I was suddenly fully awake.