Im sorry, can we talk?

Piper POV

It was bright and early in the morning. Usually I'd have Alex to roll over onto but she wasn't in bed. I suddenly hear glass break in the kitchen. I sprung out of bed and into the kitchen, and there I find Alex. She had mumbled something under her breath but I couldn't hear her. There was silence for a while so I decided to break it.

"Sorry I didn't mean to intrude it's just I heard glass break so I got a little worried." I say softly.

"Yeah... sorry I didn't mean to wake you either. My cup slipped.... Hey pipes?"

"Yeah"

"I'm sorry about the other day I'm just so scared you know? It's like my past isn't letting me breathe. Piper what if your were hurt! That would be on me.."

she's slowly picking up the shattered glass. She threw the glass away and leaned over the counter, running her hands through her hair.

"I feel like I'm fucking suffocating!"

"Hey! hey al it's not your fault ok. Yes Kubra only came here to get revenge for what happened in Chicago, yes I know. But Alex the only thing that matters is our love for each other and I love you so much! So please take a breath."

I grab Alex and pull her in for a soft kiss and proceeded to hug her tightly.

"Your right pipes. I'm being crazy I know hat Kubra is dead so why am I worrying? And we have the security system we'll be fine."

"While I wish that you said that with more confidence, but at least it's a start."

She chuckles

"Now why don't we try again with that coffee al! Pour this out." I say handing her the coffee pot.

For the rest of the morning We drank coffee and looked for jobs that Alex could apply for. We haven't exactly had time to do so. We were so busy with wedding searching, hospital vacations, etc.

—————-

"Don't worry Alex you'll be fine just show them some of that spontaneous charm of yours!"

"Christ piper!"
She starts to laugh

"Your coming in there with me right? Because that would make things a lot easier."

"Is the famous Alex Vause afraid of a little interview!?"

"what please I moved large amounts of heroin by the time I was 21 and sniffed out women for drug mules. I'm just a bit paranoid."

I look at Alex with slight discomfort.

"Ok fine I'll come with but only to the eating area. Wow! I'd never pictured you working at McDonald's, I've never pictured you working anywhere."

I say laughing as hard as possible.

"Oh shut up piper! My options are limited. I can't go back to doing you know what because in that case prison would have been for nothing."

"Yeah! Come on!" I say dragging her inside of McDonald's.

——-

"This is the last dish pipes and then we can finally go to bed." Alex says handing the washed dish to me.

"Are you sure you want to go to sleep it's only 9:00?"

I didn't have to say much she already knew what I meant. Alex lets the water out of the sink and pushes me into the bedroom. She quickly shuts the door.