Chapter 6: Broken

Juliette's POV:

Never in my life had I experienced fear such as this. I didn't know how long I had been lain crying on this cold hard bed for, but I knew that I just wanted to die. Never in my life did I think that I'd end up locked away in someone's basement.

After he first left me, I banged wildly at the door screaming and pleading for him to let me out with false promises of obeying him. I did everything I thought of, anything to get me out of this prison and into the lighter prison upstairs. But like all my attempts, I was ignored. So I gave up. He said he'd be down at some point to give me food and I'd certainly use that to my advantage. He said he liked me so perhaps if I put on my charms and use my years of acting I could make him feel for me and let me out.

But as I lay on the bed sobbing my heart out my mind turned to what my life should've been at this current moment in time. How I should be at home wrapped up in a blanket surrounded by my loving parents. Yet instead I'm surrounded by an kidnapper with an obsession over me. I wonder what mum and dad are doing right now. Are they crying over the daughter that never returned home. And what of my dad. If he knew I was missing then what if that affected his health.

More tears welled up in my eyes as I clutched the sheet of the mattress in hopes of giving myself some warmth, but the loud clunk of the door unlocking halted my tears and turned to the direction of the bright light seeping through the gap. My hand flew up to block the light from piercing my eyes that had been so used to complete darkness. But a tall dark figure stepped in holding something in his hands.

His face came into view, his gaze meeting with my own looking fearsome yet sad. He said nothing as he walked over towards me with a large tray of food in his hands. I watched silently tears pouring out of my eyes as he placed the tray down beside me making eye contact with me once more before turning away.

"Wait!".

He stilled on the spot with his back turned to me.

"Please, I'm sorry. I'll be good. I promise. Just let me out of here. I don't even know your name, please, let me out of here and I swear I'll listen to you". I was honestly impressed with the sincerity of my voice, the tears, the whimpers, surely anyone with a heart would believe the authenticity.

I watched nervously as he took several deep breaths before taking a few steps and turning to face me.

"The name is Mason. And nice acting sweetheart. You'll come out when I truly think you're ready to come out". His voice was emotionless and monotone staring at me with no readable expression.

Screaming out in frustration I grabbed the opened bottle of water and threw it at him smirking as the bottle hit him square in the chest.

"By the way angel, that was the only water you had to last until the next day. Goodnight darling".

I watched in horror as he smirked to himself whilst ripping off his wet white shirt and my eyes fell to the floor seeing his incredibly defined muscles that bulged slightly indicating he worked out often. A small blush creeped up onto my cheeks making me collapse onto the bed in hopes of hiding the evidence of my tiny crush on my kidnapper.

Thankfully I heard the door shut and saw the light had left the room. I was alone. With now no water. God help me.

"I HATE YOU, LET ME OUT OF HERE".

Mason's POV:

1 day later

It hurt locking my beautiful angel away from the eyes of the world and mine, but she had to learn otherwise she'd always be a defiant little kitten. She gave me no other option. What else could I do. I would never lay a hand on her, ever. She was my angel and that was the way I intended to treat her. Yet I kidnapped her so I was hardly in her good books. But hopefully soon she will start to settle down and adjust to this new lifestyle.

It made my heart ache every time she shed a precious tear, it hurt seeing her having a fit and I'd need to make sure I always had medication with me to ensure she would always be okay. She would always be first in my life and there'd be no other that could replace. I never believed in love at first sight, but Juliette proved me wrong. She was so kind, so gentle and beautiful inside and out. I resented myself for hiding her away from the world and forbidding her to ever see her parents again. But it had to be done to ensure that Juliette would never be taken away from me.

It had been a whole day since I last brought her meal in. She had no water for a whole day and with no heating the cold winter weather would definitely be an issue down in the basement. It was time to pay her a visit and see if she had finally learnt to behave.

Placing the warm bowl of soup onto the tray alongside plenty of other foods and a large bottle of water, I cautiously stepped down the large staircase swiftly unlocking the door with one hand and holding the tray with the other. The loud creaky door swung open letting light swarm into the dark and very cold basement.

As I stepped in shivering slightly as the cold hit my body, my eyes flew over to a still and almost lifeless body lying on the bed. I wanted to call out her name in hopes of grasping her attention, but she didn't even acknowledge me. Was she asleep? I noticed that she had not touched the food I had brought her the previous night.

Placing the tray down on the end of the bed I walked around to the other side to examine her further. But the sight before me made my stomach churn. There my broken angel lay shivering uncontrollably with her arms wrapped around her small frame tightly. I could see small scratch marks on her delicate skin as if she tried every possible way to get some form of heat into her body. Her lips and fingers had turned blue and her face was paler than snow.

"What have I done to you sweetheart".

Knocking over the tray of food, I lifted Juliette up into my arms and cradled her to my chest in hopes of giving her some form of heat. I should've known putting her here in winter would have this effect. Great, she'll hate me even more.

Rushing her upstairs I sprinted into my room occasionally glancing down at her to see her in an unconscious state.

Kicking the door open, I laid her on my bed and wrapped her frail body in blankets and duvets ensuring she was completely engulfed in warmth. I fought the urge to stay by her side and give her some first aid, but instead I stood away from my beauty and left her alone in the room.

"I'm sorry angel".