Chapter 39: At peace

Mason

Hours had passed by and they hadn't stopped. They took pleasure throwing punches, using knives and different methods of torture to try and break me. They wanted to physically torment me to the level that I would crack and tell them of Juliette's whereabouts, but I wouldn't. I would die before giving information on her.

There was only one person I'd die for and that was Juliette, my sunshine. How I wish I could see her one last time, hold her one last time and kiss her goodbye. The last days I had spent with her had been the happiest days of my life. But nothing made me happier than hearing her tell me she loved me after I closed the doors.

I sobbed hearing her say it so effortlessly but with so much meaning. I wanted to hide in there with her and runaway with my sunshine and her mother. I craved to live the rest of my life with her by my side happy and free. We'd have a beautiful family in the middle of the forest and show them the true meaning of life. But this had to be done. There was no other way. With them alive they'd never stop hunting us, more so Juliette.

"I have to know Mason, when did you turn into such a pussy? I mean, you used to shag whoever wherever and whenever you wanted. You didn't give a fuck about feelings or emotions. You used to destroy without thought, hurt without care, but look at you now, soft and weak as a woman. Why her? What was so special about her?".

George had taken a seat back from torturing me. I think he got more satisfaction from taunting me than physically torturing me.

I had remained silent for it pleased me seeing him get worked up to my stubbornness. I didn't want to talk to anyone except Juliette. I wanted to be wrapped up in her safe arms and talk about everything and anything. I wanted to marry the woman who healed me, saved me and made me a better man. I wanted the world with her, but because of my past lifestyle choices and decisions, it would never happen.

"Mason, I liked you, honestly I really once liked you. You were vicious, cruel and ruled with power and violence. So tell me how is it possible for a man like that to drop everything for love at first sight, or was it lust? Did you force yourself on her? Did you do things to her that I don't know about?" he taunted with a smirk on his face.

"No".

"My my Mason, you have grown soft. You gave up everything. Your passion, your future, your gang and your life for one woman. Surely you knew having a woman in your life would cause issues. Too bad for you, she will pay the ultimate price. It's sad, you stole her for love only you have condemned her to death. Don't worry, we'll find her soon and then I'll let you have one last heart to heart before I kill her".

My body shook with anger, my heart was pounding with adrenaline from the visual images I had of tearing him apart. He would never lay a hand on her. He wouldn't even come close.

"So long as I am here, she will be safe".

"Think what you like Mason, but I will find her and bring her here. She's a helpless little girl who can't protect herself. Shouldn't be hard to get her here".

How wrong was he. Juliette was the strongest woman I had ever met. She had been through hell and back but she had come back even stronger than before.

"BOSS!".

All eyes fell onto the man who had burst through the door causing it to hit the wall so hard that it left cracks in the concrete.

"What? What is it?".

The man walked in with wide eyes and an unsettling smirk.

"We've found her. She was lurking near the building".