Chapter 9: Protector

Mason's POV:

Unlocking the door to my home, I stepped into the warmth and brushed the snow off the bottom of my boots. The heat of the home warmed up my numb fingers and face, but this time it felt different. The house felt warm, but it wasn't because of the heat. It felt whole and it because of Juliette. She made me a better man even though I was far from good and for her I truly wanted to be good. But how is a kidnapper supposed to be good in the eyes of the one he kidnapped. I had to make it up to her.

Placing down the seizure medicine I took my coat off and hung it up on coat rack before chucking my keys into the bowl on the kitchen counter.

"MASON! MASON HELP! P-please stop!!".

My heart dropped, I felt it being ripped out of my chest and trampled on. My girl was screaming out and crying in fear. I feared the worst as I ran towards her desperate pleas for help.

Has someone broken in? Or could it be-

"MASON, HELP. LET GO". I gritted my teeth hearing the desperation in her voice. Kicking down the door to save my Juliette, my blood boiled seeing George on top of her touching her body. Juliette was kicking and screaming crying out for him to stop. But he wouldn't listen.

Gripping the back of his collar I pulled him away from her and slammed him against the wall growling in satisfaction seeing cracks from the force.

"HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HER! HOW DARE YOU LAY A FINGER ON HER!". My teeth clenched so hard that I could hear them grinding on one another as my words came out. I couldn't see straight, I was too enraged, too angry to see sense. But that didn't stop my eyes from falling to my angel sobbing on the floor.

Fuelling my rage I slammed my fist at the bastard's face. Her tears ignited my anger making me scream out in blind fury. I relentlessly threw my fist at his disgusting self making his tanned skin turn red and swollen. But it wasn't enough.

Gripping him tighter than ever, I threw his beaten body across the room smiling in satisfaction as he collided with vases and photo frames. Running over to the man I thought I could trust I picked him up harshly and carried on punching him until my knuckles started to bleed.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH. HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY WOMAN. NEVER TOUCH A WOMAN WITHOUT CONSENT". I spat in his almost unrecognisable face and threw him to the ground.

"D-dude, she came onto me".

"YOU MOTHERFUCKE"-

Not sparing a single second, I jumped on top of him and wrapped my hands tightly around his neck. I smiled watching him struggle like a wild beast against my hold, but he was no match for my strength. A sinister laugh echoed out of my mouth as I watched the light dim out of his eyes, but suddenly in the midst of all the rage and anger, a soft voice called out for me instantaneously pulling me out of my violent outburst.

Stepping off George I rushed over to my love who was still crying on the floor. I wiped away her tears with my thumb, rubbing the other thumb on her bruised cheek in a circular motion. Juliette reached her arms out to me like a child would for comfort.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone with him. Forgive me angel". Scooping my arms underneath her trembling body, I rushed her outside growling as I heard George struggle for air. I was not done with him.

Carefully carrying her downstairs I guided her into the bathroom and sat her down on the edge of the bathtub. Kneeling before her, I wiped away the loose messy strands of hair and checked her over ensuring there were no visible injuries, but of her internal injuries, I did not know. My sweet angel had endured something no man or woman should ever endure.

"Are you hurt sweetheart?". Juliette's body was shaking uncontrollably as she mumbled frantically to herself, her voice so quiet that not even close to her could I understand what she was saying. Stroking her cheek in reassurance, I lifted her chin up so her eyes were met with mine.

"It's okay Juliette, you're safe now. I'm so sorry for leaving you with him". Her sobs had quietened down, but the tears still trickled down her beautiful face. Her eyes held innocence and a glimmer of hope as she hiccuped the last of her tears away. She was so precious, so incredibly beautiful, none could ever compare to her. And that's why I had to finish George off. I had to kill him. He tried to hurt the one person that meant the most to me.

Leaning forward, I pressed a gentle kiss on her head closing my eyes as my lips touched her warm skin. I reminded myself that the very man who hurt her and almost violated her was still in my home and I had to deal with him before the sly rat would run off.

"I'll be back". My voice was hoarse and dark and judging from Juliette's wide eyes, she knew exactly what I was going to do.

I turned my back away from my love and clasped the handle of the door.

"NO!" She screamed. Juliette jumped up and grabbed my hand shaking her head violently from left to right.

"P-please". Her tears started again as she tugged on my hand attempting to pull me away from the door.

"Juliette, I"-

"P-please, stay with m-me". She was inconsolable breaking down with sobs that made my heart ache painfully.

"I'll come back to you, I promise". I tried to calm her down and reassure her, but I couldn't get through to her.

"P-please Mason, stay. Don't g-go". I could see the fear in her eyes as she pleaded with me to stay, but I simply couldn't leave George alone. He'd escape and who's to say wouldn't return to hurt her again or even me.

As much as I hated doing this, I turned my back on my angel and opened the door. But before I could take a step out of the bathroom Juliette grabbed my leg and coiled her arms around them.

"Don't k-kill him. Please, don't leave me". She sobbed into my leg and shook violently. I stared down in panic thinking she was having a fit, but to my relief she wasn't.

"Okay. I'll stay right here with you. He won't hurt you again". Sighing in defeat I fell to my knees and pulled my sniffling princess to my side and stroked her hair softly humming a soothing song to her and only her.

"I won't let anyone ever harm you". Rocking her slowly in my arms, I pressed a gentle kiss on her head and whispered the same words over and over again reminding her that as long as I was alive, no one would dare touch her again.