Chapter 37: Goodbye sunshine

Juliette

"Oi! That was mine".

"Not anymore. Tasted even better than mine".

Mason the brute had snatched my s'more out of my hand and ate it in one bite.

"It's one thing to touch my food, but to steal it, boy you after a death wish or something?".

Mason simply shrugged his shoulders before lying down on the ground with his head resting on his arm.

"Like you could do anything" he teased, but he shouldn't have said such a thing.

There was still so much he did not know about me and what I was capable of. I was no longer a helpless girl, I was so much stronger now.

Growling in frustration, I climbed on top of him and threw my fist down hard on his chest.

"Ow! Bloody hell woman" he coughed and wheezed out pathetically.

"I did warn you Mason".

"You lift weights or something?".

I climbed off his chest and sat back on my legs laughing as he slowly pulled himself up to catch his breath that I had clearly knocked out of him.

"Yes, in fact I started going to the gym at least 4 times a week to become stronger. I wanted to be able to defend myself in case something was to happen to me again".

Guilt flashed across Mason's eyes as my words sank in. I got self defense lessons after Mason's actions.

"And before you say sorry, don't. All the time you kept me captive, you never hurt me. But with you I saw men who were pure evil. I wanted to protect myself from them".

Mason's eyes suddenly widened as if he had a bright idea and jumped up off the floor.

"What are you doing?".

"I want you to punch me. Attack me, hurt me, do whatever you want. I want to see how good you are".

Mason stood confidently and began to circle around me like a shark in water. This cocky bastard was going to get himself hurt.

"Thank you for allowing me this opportunity. I'll try not to aim for your handsome face".

"You think I'm handsome sunsh"-

I threw my fist across his cheek in a quick and swift motion. Mason stumbled back and held his cheek in shock.

"Distraction will get you killed Mason".

"Nah, I let you have that one".

Mason lunged to grab me, but I ducked and dodged his incoming muscly arms.

"Damn, that was good baby". Mason rubbed his chin and laughed as he carried on with his attempts to grab me, but he kept on failing.

"Come on little kitten, give it your best shot". Mason winked at me as he blatantly insulted me with that degrading pet name.

Growling in anger, I lunged at Mason and threw my fist at his stomach. But Mason was quick and grabbed my incoming arm before pulling back so it was restrained behind me.

Mason pulled me back against his warm chest and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I've caught you little kitten. What are you going to do about it?".

"I'm going to do this".

Kicking my leg up, my heel connected with his groin and almost instantaneously his hands left my body.