Chapter 26: Suspicious

George

"Well, is it done?".

"Yep, she's got it and hopefully she'll put in the perfect place so we can have eyes on her at all times".

Smirking in satisfaction, I opened up my laptop and brought up the app that he had made purely for our girl.

"Well done Charlie. You'll get that pay rise soon enough".

"Thank you boss. I can see why Mason likes her. She's got some real fine assets".

"Ha, you'd be lucky. I tried to take it for myself, but Mason's little pussy ass stopped me from having my way with her".

Charlie walked in and stared at my laptop screen as the camera in the teddy bear's eye switched on.

And there she was. Lying on her bed in an oversized t-shirt and skimpy shorts whilst she watched something on her laptop with a small smile on her face.

"Now we've got eyes on her at all times, but I still want you to befriend her and try to earn her trust and then when we're ready, we'll act".

"Believe me boss, I'd love to get to know her better".

Suddenly Juliette frowned and stared at the teddy bear Charlie had given her.

Stepping off her bed, Charlie and I watched as she walked over and picked it up and stared at it intensely.

"She's smart, I give her that".

Juliette examined the bear before sighing heavily and tossed it somewhere filled with empty wrappers.

"Did she just throw the bear in the bin?".

I couldn't help but laugh at what had just happened.

"I don't blame her one bit. Mason's actions have made her suspicious as hell. But keep 'bumping' into her and soon enough she will start to trust you. I'm starting to get a feeling that Mason is getting weary of me. I made a threat against her and knowing him, he'd do anything to keep her safe. We need to change up our patterns, make him think that our focus is on something completely different".

Charlie stared at the screen, but held his finger up as I went to close the laptop.

"Wait! We can still hear her. Listen".

Turning up the volume, I leaned in and listened to her sweet voice hum out a little tune.

"Brilliant work. You are dismissed but now I want you to help to prepare the van if we should have to use it suddenly".

"Of course Boss".

**************

Mason

I can't remember the last time I had slept properly. But I had an inkling that it was when I was with my sunshine.

It still hurt not to be with her, but I made a promise to her and myself to let her live her without the fear of being watched and me coming back.

The only reason I would ever see her again was if she was in danger. I would break that promise to her in a heartbeat if I knew she was in danger.

Staring at the one picture I had of her, I held the photo to my heart and sighed heavily.

I wish I could have acted differently. If I went up to her like a normal person then maybe she'd be with me. But because of the way I took her and treated her, she'd never look at me that way.

It had been weeks since I took her back home and yet I was still a free man. 

My sunshine didn't turn me in. She gave me a second chance at life, and for her I would be good, I would try to be better.