Epilogue

3 years later

Mason

"Mason, stop worrying, she'll be fine" Rosa patted me on my arm, but I couldn't help it. It was a huge day for all of us, but more importantly for Juliette.

"I know Rosa, but I can't help it. When is she supposed to come on stage?".

Rosa looked down at her watch before looking at the people in the front rows.

"I'm not sure, but the ceremony has been on for ages so probably not much longer". 

Suddenly almost as soon as Rosa had stopped whispering they called her name out. 

My heart burst with pride as she walked up on stage lifting up the graduation robe to ensure she did not trip and fall and walked over to the man holding her degree in his hand with a huge smile on her face.

Everyone started to clap as she received her degree, but no one screamed and cheered as loud as us.

"THAT'S MY GIRL!!" I shouted not caring of everyone around me. I was the happiest and proudest man in the whole room. She had achieved so much and now she was a qualified counsellor.

Rosa wrapped her arm around me and cheered as Juliette awkwardly waved to us as she stepped down the stage.

"I can't believe she did it! I'm so proud of her".

Sitting back down in our seats, I pulled out my phone and quickly typed a message to my sunshine telling her how proud I was of her.

"Me too, but just so you know I am never deleting this picture".

Rosa lent over and held out her camera which revealed a horrific picture of me cheering for Juliette, but at the most unflattering angle.

"Dammit Rosa, you're ruthless".

Rosa chuckled as she looked through the hundreds of photos she had taken of the day. But now that I had seen my baby on stage in front of hundreds of people receiving her degree, I was no longer nervous, but instead I was excited to embrace her and get our night in motion.

Zoning out through the rest of the ceremony, before I knew it the graduation had ended and now we could go find Juliette so I could scoop her away.

"Come on, let's go find our girl" Rosa whispered to me before picking up her belongings.

"After you".

Offering her my arm, I watched as she smiled in gratitude and helped her out of the row we were in and escorted her to the exit.

**************

"Congratulations sunshine. I'm so proud of you".

Juliette rushed over to me and crashed her small slim body into my open arms.

"Mason, these are so beautiful! Thank you".

Juliette stepped back and lifted the bright bouquet up to her nose and smiled widely.

"You're welcome baby. I'm so fucking proud of you. Look at you, officially a counsellor".

Juliette clutched the bouquet to her heart and smiled at the thought of what she now was.

Juliette had struggled to decide what she wanted to do, but after months she finally set her heart on going back to University to get a degree in Counselling. And I couldn't be more proud of her.

"I can't believe I did it. But I certainly couldn't have done it without you two".

"Load of rubbish, it was down to you baby and"-