16/michelle pfeiffer in ray bans

ch16: michelle pfeiffer in ray bans
blake ren

"What happened to your face?" asked Riley.

I messed with my hair some so it would fall over the purple colored lump on my cheek. I had used about my entire tube of concealer to hide the nasty bruises and they were still fairly easy to see. I frowned at Riley from behind the big sunglasses I wore on my face, glancing away when I spotted someone walking past with a bag of food from Applebee's. We were currently hiding out in their parking lot that was across from the mall.

"Vince?" Easton asked stiffly.

"He's a piece of shit," I replied in a wavering voice that made it sound like it was supposed to be an explanation of some kind. I sniffed and raised my chin higher, standing impossibly proud in hopes of appearing okay.

Before I knew it Riley's arms were flung around me and she was clutching onto me for dear life. I squeezed her back just as tight and sucked in a breath. My throat constricted painfully. No crying while wearing this eyeliner, Blake.

        "I'm okay, really. Let's just get in there already," I blinked away the emotion from my eyes, even though they couldn't see through the tinted sunglasses perched on my nose. I took a few deep breathes when Riley pulled away. "Well how do I look?"

        They both looked over my blonde wig I bought for a Michelle Pfeiffer costume two Halloweens ago  and my cheap pair of sunglasses that were a dupe for the ones we planned to steal. Our plan was simple. They'd distract the employees, which was typically only ever one person at our mall's Sunglass Hut, and I'd walk over and switch the pairs then walk out like I hadn't bought anything. It shouldn't be that hard to pull off. The only problem we could have is that technically I'm banned from this mall and if they recognize me I'll get the cops called on me.

        But other than that it was a simple in and out procedure.

        "Did Lucas tell you he wanted the kind that looked like those?" Easton asked, pointing at the ones on my face.

        Without skipping a beat I said, "These would probably compliment his face shape the best." Because one I've been thinking about his face and two, I hadn't told either of them that Lucas didn't want the sunglasses anymore.

I also hadn't told them about last night and did not plan on doing so. I just needed things to be normal right now. I needed to do this favor. I needed to get that rush from stealing. And maybe take a Xanax or something so that my brain activity will slow and all the racing thoughts I've been having about last night can stop. And maybe even possibly forget that last night happened. Basically I needed to be Blake Ren.

Easton stared at the glasses for a second, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "I dunno I think you should have gone with Aviators."

"The Wayfarers are cute," Riley sided with me. I lifted my sunglasses, using the pointer finger of my other hand to drag down my under eye as I made a farting noise at Easton. He stuck his tongue out in the same childish manner.

I brought the sunglasses down and smirked confidently. "See you two on the flip side."

"Can't believe she just said flip side." Easton rolled his eyes while Riley pulled him away, talking over him at the same time.

"Peace out, bitch. You look hot by the way."

I flicked the shiny blonde hair and blew her a kiss before turning around and getting back into my car as they both got in Riley's car. We parked on opposite ends of the mall and went through the department stores on our own ends, strolling through the mall as unsuspectingly as we could manage. Easton and Riley would get there first and occupy the employee with a question about a pair of sunglasses we knew they didn't sell to keep the poor employee busy the whole time.