19/roadtrip

ch19: roadtrip
blake ren

        "Load her up!" Reese slapped the side of his van twice and bounded over to the driver's side.

       "It's kinda chilly." Arielle, Violet's cousin, rubbed her hands together to get warmer. It was getting cooler in the mornings now that we were almost done with September. I hoped it wasn't going to be cloudy at the beach like it was here.

"Yeah true. It says it should be 70s and sunny at Baywell though," Riley commented and unintentionally answering my internal concerns. She hauled her and my shared duffle bag up to Jude who was packing the cargo box on top of the sand colored van.

"Good. Cause my nipples are about to fall off." I smirked at her comment, reaching down to grab more camping gear to give to Jude.

"Whatever we don't fit in there we can put in mine," said Lucas as he came around with a grocery bag and a cup of soda in his hands.

"Did you get a brand new box of condoms just for this weekend?" Arielle gasped, seeing the words Trojan peek through the sheer plastic. "Do you even plan on hanging out with us?"

"Sure, but I also plan on hanging out with the beach houses filled with sorority girls who are away for beach weekend." Arielle sneakily snatched the box out of the bag when he passed her and her eyes bulged when she saw the size he got.

He grinned proudly at her and took them back. My face scrunched like I smelled something bad.

"Woah." She held her hands up in shock, looking at us to see if anyone saw the same thing.

Her twin brother, Carter, did. And he flicked her temple for it. "Man, what the fuck?"

       "Ugh, beach weekend fell on my birthday this year? How am I going to be the center of attention anymore?" Violet whined.

        Jude hopped down from the van and gathered Violet into his ink covered arms from behind, swaying them back and forth as he rested his chin on her shoulder. "You'll always be the center of my attention, babe."

        She turned into putty at his cheesy words and grabbed onto his arms to turn her head and kiss him cutely.

        "PDA ALERT!" Arielle announced like an alarm.

        "Get a room!" Riley joked, cupping her hands around her mouth and leaning away from them.

        Jude dipped Violet and began kissing her more passionately to rub it in our faces, putting his middle finger up at us for good measure. Violet erupted into a fit of giggles when he started planting kisses all over her face. We quickly gave up on shaming them. There was no shame between those two. Shame wasn't even in the same realm as them.

        "You made your point," I sighed and they broke away from each other, out of breath and faces flushed. I shook my head as my eyes rolled into the back of my skull. Couples.

        "Everything's ready. We'll see you guys in like three hours." Reese came around to the back of his van, wearing his usual lazy smile.

        Easton was stretched out like a cat in the passenger seat of the van, his legs kicked up on the dashboard as he guided a sour gummy worm into his mouth. I wetted my finger and stuck my hand through the open space between the headrest and the seatbelt dispenser, meeting my unsuspecting target's ear and laughing when he screamed in disgust.

        "This is where you were hiding while we were doing all the work?" I raised my brows. He offered me the bag of candy as compensation. I shrugged and chose to keep quiet, digging a couple out for myself.