17/how to piss off a persian mother

ch17: how to piss off a persian mother
blake ren

        "Twenty bucks you won't jump-scare that dude jogging with the red gym shorts."

        Easton's dark brown eyes searched for the person I was talking about with a half smile tugging at his lips. He located him from across the park, watching as he rounded the corner and was coming our way. It was dark out and you almost couldn't see five feet in front of you. When Easton smirked I knew it was gonna be funny as shit.

        "Hold my beer, Mother Nature." He slumped forward off the swing and set his beer can down into the compact earth beneath our feet, then hauled himself up with a grunt.

        I kicked my sneaker clad feet back and forth to swing a little, watching with a grin as Easton stumbled up to the perfect hiding spot behind a bush. Red shorts jogged unsuspectingly along the path and all we waited for was the perfect moment to strike.

        "God he's such a fucking imbecile!" Riley fumed. She plopped down into the empty swing next to me and gripped her phone like she wanted to chuck it at a random head.

       "It's just a dare, Riles." I wrapped my fingers around the hanging chain and laughed goofily. She didn't care to entertain faded Blake in this moment though.

        "No, fucking Gabriel! He's being a piece of shit right now!" She clenched her fists as she ranted. There was a loud scream.

"Ah! Fuck!" A voice yelled in surprise. Easton doubled over laughing and took off running when the jogger lunged at him.

Whoops. Red shorts looked a lot smaller from far away. Eh whatever, he'll be fine.

"What'd he do?" I asked with a frown, resting my head against the swing's chain.

Riley looked dead ahead with her mouth screwed angrily. She clasped her hands together, her phone stuck between her palms, and drew in a deep breath through her nose. "Well! As a backstory, Gabe and I had talked about finally introducing each other to our friends because we have been dating for a couple of weeks now and we like each other enough to want to know more about one another and that's what people in relationships do, they like each other enough to meet their crazy ass friends. I'll add that we were naked in the back of his car while in the movie theater parking lot, rather than in the movie we were supposed to see. Because he wanted to,"

She made quotations with her fingers. "Spend quality time together. And I was hoping that he'd want to come hang out with us tonight because I picked twenty minutes in the backseat of his Subaru over the opening scene to The Lion King."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Right?!" she flared her nostrils and continued with a roll of her eyes as well. "And now he's saying that he has to water his neighbor's plants. Like what the fuck?"

"Maybe he's just serious about being a good neighbor." I shrugged. Riley laughed but it didn't sound like she actually found me funny.

"Only because his neighbor is some hot thirty year old woman with a husband in the navy that she married at her high school graduation and hasn't seen in years. Gabe's screwing her. I know it. He's fulfilling whatever fucked up cougar fantasy he's been sitting on since he was fourteen."

        "Ew he has a mommy kink?" I scrunched my face up in disgust.

        "Who knows what he has! He won't use a condom if I don't bring us one!"

        I chugged my beer listening to her rant. I revoke my statement about that Nicholas Sparks worthy meeting equaling soulmates. This guy sounds like an ass.