Chapter Two | Seat Number 37

Heaving a deep sigh, Aubrey pulled the brakes of the dark and shiny Toyota Corolla at the airport; taking in the view of the crowd hovering in and out of the airport terminal.

Cheeks pushing upwards, her eyes avert towards Melissa in a simper, "We're here," forcing a lace of glee upon her words.

The sound of her words doing what the abrupt halt of the car couldn't do, her eyelids tore open; arising from the needed few minutes of rest turned slumber.

A rub to her itchy eyes, and thus evading the blurriness from her vision, Melissa eye's also absorbs the same view Aubrey had seen; people going in and out with trolleys - scattered all over, amidst the loud announcement booming in the air.

"Time to depart, I guess..." A side smile pulls at Aubrey plump lips etched below a nose with a pronounced bridge, and two large dark eye balls set at its side.

"Yeah..." Sadness lining each letter, fluid streams Melissa's - the cry baby - eyes.

Nodding and sucking in the tears, Aubrey says, "No more crying, okay?"

A year sliding down her cheek, Melissa wiped it off, "yeah..." She chuckled, "Sorry..."

"It's fine," Chuckling, she pushes the car door open as she steps out of the car, and goes straight to the boot to pick out the luggage for Melissa - as the twenty-seven-year-old highlights as well; clutching the outlet bag she'd tagged along, in her hand.

Dragging her trolley to her side, Aubrey comes to a halt at the point Melissa stands; staring at the tall adult in a compassionate gaze.

Before Aubrey realized it, Melissa envelopes her small frame in a tight hug, eyes closing up into the warmness. "I'll miss you so much."

"I'll miss you, more." Aubrey responded, soaking into all of that love.

They stay in that position for a few more seconds as Aubrey mentions, "Uh... You got here a bit later than we'd planned, huh?" A side of her face cranks up in regret of the showdown she'd displayed on their way there, "I'm really sorry."

"No, don't do that..." Melissa said. "Perhaps, I needed that even." She chuckles. "Well, I better get going. I bet it's close to the time for my flight - 8:30 am."

Aubrey giggled in response, "yeah..."

Melissa glances at the wrist watch, "oh my, it's 8:26am already.."

"Oh my... Get going already..." Aubrey hands over the trolley to her, and gives one more smile, "Keep me posted all through the journey, okay?"

Just before Melissa could nod in response, "And please, take really good care of yourself, alright?" Her eyes spill so much care.

"Yes, ma'am.." Melissa jokes, sliding her hand around the hem of the trolley, as an announcement blares the atmosphere.

"Your flight huh?" Aubrey asks, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah..." Melissa replies, a step forward already, "I better hurry in."

"Bye..." Aubrey waving at her, Melissa waved back, before her eyes finally focus on the entrance of the road.

The moment she passed through the entrance, more people came in. Along with Melissa, they all walked in a single file. Some took their seats in the same place, while others like Melissa kept on moving.