XXXI

Chapter 31 | Remember me.

“Often times, we're closer to each other than we realize...”

~~~

Work can be exhausting.

Very exhausting, so to say.

This was exactly what the poor old guard felt, before retiring to seat under the shade of the aluminum roof of the small building, at that main gate.

Call him lazy, if you like.

But when a man's tired, he truly is tired.
Sighting a customer approaching, he quickly scurried back to his duty post.

On getting there, he glanced at this customer, again.

And a quick recognition flew through his eyes.

Instead of the grown man trudging forward, a muscular teen flashed across his vision.

Immediately, he remembered chasing a particularly rascally seventeen-year-old.

This teenaged boy would cause so much mess in and around the restaurant, and the old guard would be the one to clean that mess up.

As if, that wasn't enough, anytime this old guard would attempt to get a hold of him, the teen would make him run around the entire restaurant and street, looking like a crazy maniac.

You can imagine!

Once, this teen had made him leave his duty post due to a fake alarm, outside the gate.

On getting back, this security guard could not believe how much graffiti was all over the cars in the park.

He almost lost his job, due to such shenanigans.

And even when he tried catching this young boy, he managed to make a humorous spectacle of himself.

Now looking at this teen turned grown man, he couldn't believe his eyes.

He was now so tall.

With every step of grandeur he took, his arms remained curved, as much as his head raised high in loftiness.

On getting to where this old man stood, Spencer was forced to stop in his tracks. And take a glance at this old man.

The way this man's eyes shot at him, not only made him uncomfortable but also made him ponder if they'd met before.

Somehow, this guard appeared very familiar.

"Spencer..." He called out, smiling. "I mean... Dayo...?"

"Excuse me?" Spencer brows arched.

"Don't you remember me?" The guard asked.

"Um.." Spencer titled his head. "I think I do."

For a while there, Spencer gazed at this man, as several images passed through his head.