XVII

(New Cover Alert! How do you guys see it? Yay or Nay?!)

Anyway, please if you use 'AnyBooks' reading app, kindly check out this book - Stranger Danger - over there. (That is, please search for it download and add to your libraries, please!!!). I uploaded it recently. Please do, because it would truly mean a lot to me! And it would help me spread this book far and wide!

(I'm still trying to get it on Inkitt, I'll inform y'all when I do. I really hope y'all will suppport me, then!)

Thanks for your never-ending support...

I'm truly grateful❤

****

-- Unedited --

Chapter 17 / Nervous Breakdown.

"Everything fails to make sense, the moment our beings shatter into a million fragments."

.......

Minutes had passed.

Hours had gone by.

Afternoon had even reached.

But Melissa never fell short of keeping herself stuck in the guest room she'd fled into, in atrocious response to Rhoda's shocking revelation.

Now horror-struck, a definite flood of confusion also didn't fail to swim through her personage.

She didn't know what to do, now. The two notes she'd seen already attested to the fact that you know who was somewhere very close. If possible, he could even be right there in that house!

She very well understood that the best thing to do, at this point, would be to immediately do what she'd planned earlier - contact the police!

But, then, this was Nigeria. There was no 911 or emergency number to call, if you ever sensed danger. You had to walk to the nearest police station yourself.

And even with the present despicable hooded being on the loose, the Festac Community Security Board (FCSB) failed to set up such emergency line.

Once again, the FCSB had succeeded in proving the fact that the security sector will remain the most incompetent part of the 'oh-so-civilized' Festac Community.

So, the closest police station was located at the next two streets after hers.

And she knew better than to step outside.

She didn't need a soothsayer to tell her there was no certainty she would even get past the door of that house, whole and alive.

So, at that point, she remained nothing but disoriented mentally.

And not to talk of, being frozen; numb of any emotion or solution.

Rhoda was so worried that bathing and general morning clean up never crossed her mind, even till this mid-day period.

All that resonated in her head was : Melissa.

As she kept anxiously walking to and fro - in the parlour - she couldn't help but wonder what Melissa was doing behind such closed doors. And how she was taking this whole matter.