XXX

Ch.30 | The Meeting

With every one you meet, ensure you add true value, to that person and the conversation, itself.”

*****

"What do you want from me?" Fingers resting on his chin, Hazeem relaxed his back on the blue chair, as he stared at Spencer.

Spencer sat opposite him, with a table separating both of them.

"Help." Spencer replied. "I need your help." He also took up Hazeem's pose.

"My help?" Hazeem's brows creased. "I never thought I'd ever hear you say that, Spencer. Or should I rather call you, 'Dayo'?" He laughed.

Pushing his body forward, he said, amidst giggles. "Who knew that almost  everyone would know you by your alias - Spencer. Instead of your actual name - Dayo? Or would you prefer I refer to you as American boy?!" He laughed again. 

For as long as they both could remember, Spencer, or rather Dayo, hung to dreams of travelling abroad. He was one of those few who hated spending eternity in one spot.

He'd rather travel around the world, exploring the beauties of the universe.
And one particular place he'd always fancied was America. 

Thus, earning him the name 'American boy', by his peers. Honestly, he hated it. He'd always made him feel like some sort of 'wannabe'. Therefore, he craved for a far better name.

Having watched several American films, he settled on the name, 'Spencer'.
Forsaking his birth name, "Dayo", he'd introduce himself to every single person he'd meet, as 'Spencer'.

Spencer also pushed his body forward. "Why such shenanigans?!" He rested his hands on the blue chair, and glared at Hazeem. "Something far more serious is at stake here!"

"And what could that be?" Hazeem raised a brow.
"Justice for Lucia." Spencer said. "I want you to find her killer."

Silence encompassed the atmosphere, at the release of those words.
Hands also resting on the blue table, Hazeem gazed at Spencer for quite a while.

Then he broke the silence. "Do you know that I don't trust you, Spencer?" The long gaze continued. "For all I know, you could even be the killer."

"And this could be a part of your whole evil scheme."

At the sound of those words, Spencer flared up. "What in heaven's name is wrong with you?!" He banged the table, and couldn't help but yell. "You think I'd be wicked enough to kill my own sister?"
At the sound of that shout, all eyes turn to both of them.

They were both sat in a particularly beautiful restaurant, called, Blue Haven.
Truly, Blue Haven, existed as a home for the blue colour.

Blue paint splashed on a white background covered the entire wall. All the furniture were coated in uniform shades of blue.

Apart from Fantazia, Blue Haven stood out as one of the most exquisite restraunt.

Not just because of the beautiful blue-bathed two-storey building, but also because of it's fine delicacies. And most of all, the abundance of it's prices and food servings.

Unlike tons of other restraunt, their servings weren't small or half cooked. Or even burnt. (Quite unbelievable right?)
Thus, customers outside Festac, normally rushed to dine at the fine restaurant.

Ignoring the urge to glance around, Hazeem spoke back, more relaxed than Spencer. "You still haven't changed a bit."
"I know you could never change, Spencer." He narrowed his eyes at Spencer. "I've known you for way too long."