A Bond Broken

Tails felt cold, he was just lying in a fluffy bed a few minutes ago. He couldn't remember reality or where he was. Tails felt useless to this drag. "Where am I?!" He asked aloud, cencorned.. "Hello, Tails..." A voice said, it sounded like Sonic with a mix of Knuckles. "Sonic? Knuckles?" Tails asked. "Where am I?" He was surely frightened now, but he knew he couldn't give in to his fears.

Tails shivered with every single second that passed him. "This can't be right..." Tails figured. He didn't know where he was or what the flim was happening. All he knew was he had to escape this horrid breeze. Tails couldn't tell the time nor figure out what day it was. "Hello..." The voice said again, it was haunting. Tails wanted to scream, but his mouth felt like sandpaper. He couldn't scream, just talk and think...

"W-where am I? Who are you?" Tails asked, frightened. Tails could see color now, it was purple, he heard a mix of voices, he could see visions of other lives, other things he shouldn't have been able to see by normal eye. "U-uhh.." Was all Tails could say. "Hello... I need to make a deal.." the voice said again. "A deal? What deal?" Tails asked, well, was gonna ask, his voice was suddenly blocked.

Tails coughed on something.. His mouth truly felt like sandpaper. "Let me talk.." The voice said. Tails realized a fact. It wasn't outside, it was in his mind.. He could see Hydrocity Zone, Green Hill, anything he could remember for that long. Tails wanted to cry, but he knew he couldn't. "S-sonic, where are you, if this is you, please stop!!" Tails yelled, only to choke on his own breath. Tears welled in his eyes. It had only been an hour since they forked up that plan with Cuphead, Mugman, Grim, Sonic, Knuckles, and whoever else was there. He couldn't seem to remember the important facts..

Tails expressed his worry. "What do you want?" Tails cried, almost on the point of crying, even screaming only that he knew it would have no avail. Tails knew he needed Sonic here right now, he would protect the fox who now lay with worry. "We're almost here..." The voice said. "No.. no.. stop!" Tails screamed. Tails' legs felt numb, as if he had gotten a flu shot at his pharmacy. That's what had normally happened when he got a flu-shot.

"QUIT IT!!" Tails yelled as hard as he could. He was now getting more scared than angry, that's how Tails showed it. Yellow eyes suddenly pierced open. Tails let out a scream. "Hello, I've heard about you.." The voice said. "My new sidekick tells me your important..." "What.. why?" Tails asked, starting to panic. "You are a mechanic are you not?" The voice snarled. "Uh y-yeah! Totally!" Tails answered, freaked out, not wanting to make this person mad. The yellow eyes closed. He was alone once again. Or at least, he thought he was..

Tails suddenly felt a ice-shearing hand on his shoulder. Tails screamed, his mouth stinging more and more as he did. The yellow eyes opened again, this time behind him. "Why are you so scared, kid... I just want you to give me one of your friends..." The voice explained. "No way!" Tails denied, but as he did, he heard a snap, then suddenly, he felt his back twist, he let out a slight shriek in surprise. "Do it, now! This is your 3rd to last chance, kid!" The voice yelled, obviously irritated. "It would be a real pain to Sonic to lose you.." The voice said, all of a sudden calm.

Tails wanted to hit this thing, but he didn't want himself or Sonic to get badly hurt. He knew it would be wrong as well, even though this thing was causing him so much pain. "All I want is those things called.. Oh, I don't know.. those emeralds.." It said. Tails remembered what they were.. "The chaos emeralds... you want those..? Tails asked. Tails realized where he was, The Center of Time, he had been here before with Sonic, but he couldn't remember. He hadn't seen these other memories before, though. "N-no" Tails answered. "WHAT?!" The voice screamed, now in full anger.

Tails could sense this thing was getting angry, really angry. "I'm sorry, but my answer is no, they're just t-" Tails suddenly felt frozen, he felt as if he was back in Press Garden, being frozen with Sonic until they broke out. Tails suddenly recognized the voice.. it was a terrifying fact, it was The Devil, the thing that Cuphead had been talking about. As if reading his thoughts. The Devil spoke, "You finally seem to remember, I knew you were spying on us when I cast Shadow to limbo.." The Devil said, snickering. "What do you want from me, Devil?" Tails said, no longer, (well, a little) afraid. "I want one of your friends, as I stated before!!!" The Devil yelled. "I'm sorry, I can't.." Tails said, knowing it would be too painful to see one of his greatest friends gone for good.