Pain and Familiar Faces

Tails didn't know what time he woke up. All he could tell was he was still in his little test tube. However, he then noticed the others.

Tails gasped in fear as he looked around the place. A little bit of music was playing in the room, but he wasn't paying any attention to that. Tails gurgled, as he still realized he was in the water. However, he realized he could breathe. This must be a different type of water... Tails concluded. Tails then focused on the others. He recognized some of the faces, and others he didn't. He saw Grim, Weepy, and what looked to be Wally. Tails looked next to him, and realized Knuckles was gone, Tails realized Knuckles had been moved off to the far right, however, his tube was glowing.

Tails wanted to scream to get out, however, it felt impossible with all this water. "Ugh...." Tails whimpered as he looked around to see if he could find a crack or something in the wall. He moaned as he knew there was no way out of the dark tube. He then looked at the rest he missed. He suddenly saw what looked like a rat. "Huh, who... are...?" Tails asked... He suddenly got a heavy feeling...

Something's not right

Tails wanted to bang on the window, but he knew he would attract attention, which wasn't on his agenda. He wanted Sonic at this time, but he then remembered Sonic had betrayed them earlier. Tails was in tears as he kept banging and banging, leaving no choice. 

"Let me out!"

"Let me out of here! Please!" Tails yelped out at the top of his lungs until he was exasperated. Choked gasps were leaving his throat. He remembered he was claustrophobic. The thought only terrified the cub more. He banged, screaming. The first time he was in here, however, was when Knuckles, the red echidna, was by his side. Now he was alone, with no one to aid him. "Let me out!" Tails screamed again. The cub started sobbing as he eventually gave up and fell into a dark abyss.

Around this time however, Knuckles had woken up. "Huh?" He said to himself. He looked around, wondering where the heck he actually was. Everything felt... different. He could never have explained it. It felt as if he was glitching. 

Knuckles looked around, confused as he quickly began to remember the events that unfolded earlier. He suddenly heard what appeared to be glass shattering. It was actually banging, he knew that, it was just his head's aching mind. He looked around, then he saw Tails sobbing, the thing that freaked him out more was that after a while, Tails had passed out from fear.

Knuckles gasped. How did he get over there? The echidna wondered, but now was no time for thoughts. "Don't worry!" Knuckles screamed as he banged on the window. He then punched it super hard, so hard for Tails to wake up and cower. Knuckles could see the worried and tear-filled expression on the cub's face. Knuckles knew it was Tails' turn to cry, he needed to act like Sonic, an older brother. He screamed, and the glass shattered on impact. He ran out and did the same thing to Tails' window. Tails jumped out, fell on the floor in writhing pain, and began to sob. "Come on, let it out..." Knuckles stated, trying his best not to cry himself.

Everything was unwinding. All of them would have to get used to others, weak to strong, crying. Sonic, Tails, Mugman, and even himself had all cried during that point.

Knuckles realized it was then he was gonna have to do something hard. He was gonna have to give himself up to the demon to not hurt Tails or Sonic, or Cuphead and Mugman for that matter, as he thought about this, he realized he had lived his due, but now, he had no purpose left. The emerald was gone, meaning Knuckles had nothing left. His commander position from the Resistance had been faulty-wired. He was getting older. He was getting... weaker. Knuckles could stay strong for at least a few more hours. He had to.

Tails stopped wailing a few seconds later. "What do we do now? About Sonic?" Tails asked with a worried expression. "I don't think... that was Sonic..." Knuckles theorized. "What do you mean, he was standing right in front of us?" Tails exclaimed, confused. "Yeah but, Sonic would never do that..." Knuckles stated, matter-of-factly. "I guess you're right," Tails said, repulsed "But where is he now...?"

Cuphead and Sonic [Book 1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara