The Time Barrier

A/N thanks to HaleyBurns7 for letting me reference her story in this chapter, check out her story "Cuphead in: Fate Will Find You"!,

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/164397280-cuphead-and-mugman-in-fate-will-find-you

Eggman beamed as he dragged Tails and Knuckles to the machine, soon, Knuckles would have the custom evil DNA into his blood too, which would turn him into "KnUckles", like "Tails", he would be stronger and more tough than his normal counterpart. Team Sonic would be erased... forever. A few people had already been held hostage. Eggman looked down the list to see who he would activate to roam.. and infect.

1. Tails

2. Knuckles

4. Grim

5. Weepy

6. Werner

7. MORE SOON!

Eggman smiled, but realized 3 had been skipped. "Hey, Mr. Devil, Sir..." Eggman asked, "Where is the 3rd number and name?"

"Oh, that one is with me... I want to keep it a surprise..." The Devil snickered. "But... why?" King Dice asked. "Dice.. the 3rd one is..." The Devil said, and he whispered to King Dice exactly who it was. King Dice smiled, and his eyes had turned green...

***********

"Sonic, where are you?!" Cuphead yelled out. "I need to help Tails somehow...." Mugman said. "How?" Cuphead asked..

"If you don't remember, I've dealt with a demon before... In fact, It was inside of me!"

"Oh right... If we could use that info on Tails... he might be able to control it!!!"

"Good Idea, Cuphead!"

"But we have to find Sonic first.."

"Why?"

"Do you remember when you had the demon, I had to talk to you to snap you out of your phases..?"

"Yes.. Why?"

"Maybe Sonic has that same ability with his team!"

Cuphead and Mugman looked at each other... they both had the same idea. Cuphead was thinking, a little too hard.. where Sonic would be. Cuphead suddenly felt a little too woozy. "Cuphead, are you okay?!" Mugman asked, concerned. "Mugman.. my head hurts!" Cuphead yelled out. "Mugm4n!!!!!" Cuphead yelled before passing out...

**********

Cuphead found himself in his mindscape. "What is this," He asked "What's going on?" He suddenly saw something, something he now considered horrifying

It was Team Sonic, all 3, but they looked frozen in time. But then, Cuphead saw himself and Mugman, and... Elder Kettle? Then Cuphead realized that they were all doing something, Tails and Knuckles were blocking something from Sonic. Elder Kettle was unconscious. Cuphead stared on in horror. Cuphead then realized Tails and Knuckles, they were still in evil form, which indicated Knuckles turned evil too, but Sonic was behind them.. Cuphead realized he had been wounded. But Tails and Knuckles looked like they were... protecting him? Cuphead saw himself and Mugman trying to wake Elder Kettle, but to no avail. Mugman looked like he had been sobbing uncontrollably. Cuphead saw a shadow loom over their frozen bodies. "I-i" Cuphead started before suddenly wanting to vomit all over the floor "Grawll" He gagged and sputtered. Cuphead suddenly blacked out

"Cuphead!" a voice yelled, crying.

"huh?" Cuphead opened his eyes, to reveal Mugman and Sonic staring over him. Mugman had been the one crying. "Sonic?" Cuphead said, "How did you find him, I was out for 2 minutes!" "No.. you've been out for like the past 3 hours!" Sonic explained. "What?!" Cuphead yelled, unbelieving what he had just heard. "How did you find Sonic, he ran into the woods..?" Cuphead said..

"I set you on a tree, hid you in the bushes, I ran out, and found Sonic, he was crying so I comforted him," Mugman explained. "We sat for a little while, and talked about it, I let Sonic know about my encounter with a demon, and he agreed to come back. We walked back for an hour, when I saw you, I got worried!"

"Oh, I'm sorry.. I think I saw a vision.." Cuphead said, "What?" Sonic asked. "In the vision, Tails and Knuckles were guarding you, I think protecting you, and you were all wounded!" Cuphead explained. "What about us?" Mugman asked, whimpering, "Me and you were lying down against Elder Kettle, trying to wake him up, while you were sobbing..." Cuphead answered, shaking as he told it. "So.. is Elder Kettle gonna get possessed too?" Mugman asked, blinking back tears.. "Maybe..." Cuphead answered....

Mugman and Sonic didn't know what to think of this. Sonic realized his friends would always be there for him, which made him grin, but stopped when he saw Mugman, who on the other hand, looked like he got punched in the chest. Sonic gave Mugman a sorrowful hug, feeling bad for showing any emotion at all.

"Sorry, dude..." Sonic said. "It's alright" Mugman said with tears. Cuphead looked at Mugman, he knew what he had to do. "Mugman... stuff happens, we'll probably get Elder Kettle back if we lose him." Cuphead then said something he hadn't meant to, "Besides, I promise you we'll find Elder Kettle first, besides Family matters more than Sonic's dumb friends, ri-"

"What did you just say?!?

Cuphead looked behind him and saw Sonic, who looked like he'd been shot. "Yeah, Cuphead... that wasn't nice..." Mugman stated. "DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS AGAIN!" Sonic yelled angrily. "Family matters more than friends, Sonic!" Cuphead yelled. "Although that's true, you don't get to go saying that!" Sonic yelped with pure anger. "He's kind of-" Mugman started, he knew Cuphead wouldn't mean that, it was probably an accidental sentence.. Right?

"I'm warning you!" Sonic yelled, meaning it with all of his heart. "Sonic, you're being selfish!!" Cuphead yelled. "WHAT?!" Sonic yelled, offended...

That was the final straw...

Sonic spin-dashed toward Cuphead, and unleashed the move, damaging the cup. "HEY!!! If you get to fight..." Cuphead yelled, putting his hand gun to position "I GET TO FIGHT TOO!"

READY? WALLOP!

Cuphead and Sonic went all out at each other, like cat and mouse. "GUYS!" Mugman tried to yell out. Mugman knew fighting was gonna get them both nowhere, none of their family or friends would be saved. "This might... take a while..." Mugman groaned.