Naive Hopes

Cuphead and Sonic didn't seem to be stopping, the fight had gone on for 2 minutes, "Why are you doing this to me..?!" Sonic asked, mixed with anger and sadness. "I thought we were friends!" "ME?! You attacked me first!" Cuphead yelled in protest. "Because YOU talked bad about my friends!" Sonic yelped, holding back tears after mentioning Tails and Knuckles. "At least you haven't lost any yet!"

Cuphead became angry, he yelled out something he shouldn't have, "WELL MAYBE YOUR FRIENDS ARE BETTER OFF DEAD!!!"

The fighting stopped. Sonic skid to a stop, Mugman gasped, wide-eyed. Cuphead realized what he had said

"Sonic.. I-"

Sonic was at a loss for words, Sonic fell to his knees, thinking.. Why? Why did I help these two, if I hadn't, my friends would still be with me.

"I... hate you.."

"What?" Cuphead asked.

"I HATE YOU!" Sonic yelled, running off in fury. "Sonic, wait," Mugman yelled, trying to run after him. "He didn't mean it like that, Sonic, come back!" But, it was too late, they had lost they're last hope.. "Thanks a lot, Cuphead.." Mugman said, mixed with anger and sadness. "Mugman, I did what I had to!" Cuphead yelled. "WELL, NOW WE'RE ALONE!!" Mugman screamed, he couldn't help it. "EVERYTHING WE HAVE TO DO IS BECAUSE OF YOU, AND NOW SONIC IS GONE BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!" "He started it.." Cuphead said softly, now feeling the slightest bit guilty. "REALLY?! HE STARTED IT?? YOU HAD BEEN MEAN ABOUT HIS FRIENDS, AND YOU HAD TO STEP IN AND MAKE HIM RUN AWAY!!! EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT!!!" Mugman had finally poured out his feelings, leaving a shocked Cuphead.

"Mugman.. look, I try to be nice, but Sonic made it too hard!" Cuphead explained. "YOU STARTED IT!!!" Mugman yelled. "Let's just go find Kettle, and make sure he's okay! If we fight now, we're gonna lose everything!" Cuphead yelled.. Mugman took a soft breath. "This isn't over!" he yelped as he started running, Cuphead trailed behind.

***

Sonic loomed over the sunset, watching as red-hot tears flew down his face. "I swear on it, Tails.. Knuckles... I will find you, my friend.." Sonic said softly to himself.

"It's gonna be okay, Sonic.."

"Tails?"

Sonic looked behind, to see his fox friend smiling, "Tails!" Sonic yelped, and gave him a hug, or at least tried to, he loomed right past him. "You can do it, dude!" Another voice called. Knuckles came on top of the mountain. "You can set us free, you can do it!" Tails yelled, smiling once more. They started to leave. "No.. Tails... Knuckles..please don't leave me again.." Sonic cried out, with tears forming. Tails and Knuckles gave him a hug... it felt so real, it felt like what had just happened with Cuphead had been clensed. "Go get em'!" Knuckles yelled as he and Tails disappeared. For once, just once, Sonic smiled.

"I won't let you down.. I promise..."

Sonic ran back down the hill, he had to find Cuphead. "Cuphead?!" He yelped out, running back to the place where they had fought. No one was there, it had been 2 hours.. It must have been too real. "I won't let them down.." Sonic said as he started on his newborn quest.