f i v e

Remi sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. He laid back against his bed and stared at the ceiling. It's been a week since he told Hunter where he lives. Ever since then, the hyper boy has been on Remi's back, asking him further questions about his life.

Remi, of course, thought it was stupid and called himself an idiot for actually taking Hunter on. Deep down inside of him, for some reason, he couldn't find the courage to end the 'friendship' they built over the past week.

"Remi, go to bed. You need enough sleep for tomorrow," Remi's dad said as he peeped his head through the doorway, glancing at his son with both eyebrows hovering in the air. The two were leaving Saint Lucia to go back to Texas, something Remi was used to.

"I'm sorry, dad. I'll turn off the lights," Remi said. His dad pursed his lips as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Remi nodded and forced a smile.

He wasn't okay.

Remi hated the fact that his parents divorced, especially since he was the reason for their departure.

"Stop lying to me, Champ."

Sighing, his father walked over to his bed and got on his knees. He placed his hand on Remi's thigh and rest his elbow on the edge of his bed, his chin laying in the palm of his hand.

"I know it's hard, but we'll get over this. I promise you that." Came from his father. Remi nodded and turned around, feeling tears prick his eyes as his father got up. A heavy sigh escaped his lips again as he turned off the lamp and walked back over to the door.

"Sleep well." Was what he said before he shut the door behind him.

Remi bit his bottom lip and shut his eyes tightly, trying to stop the tears from escaping.

Sniffing, he pulled his cover over his body and shortly drifted into darkness.