t w e n t y s e v e n

Remi arrived back in Texas after what felt like an eternity on that plane. He sighed and dropped his suitcases as he awaited his uncle.

A lot about Remi has changed since he last saw Hunter. He grew out his hair, became a little thinner, grew a little taller, all in one month.

A hand resting on Remi's shoulder caught his attention and he looked behind him to find his father smiling at him. Confused, Remi raised an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked. His father lifted his free hand and pointed in front of him. Curious, Remi looked in the direction his father was pointing at and froze.

Oh for fuck sake... He thought.

"Princesa!"

Hunter came jogging towards Remi with a grin plastered on his face. The smaller boy pursed his lips and grabbed his suitcases, turning the other way.

Before he could escape though, Hunter grabbed onto his arm and pulled him back, Remi dropping the suitcases in the process. Hunter wrapped his arms around him and took in a deep breath.

"I missed you so fucking much." He whispered in his ear. Shivers went up and down Remi's spine as he gulped and wrapped his arms around the taller man.

They both hugged for what felt like 2 seconds for Hunter and eternity for Remi before Remi decided to pull away. Looking away with tinted cheeks, Remi asked,

"How did you know the time?"

"Believe it or not, I actually have a cousin who came down the same plane as you so I just asked her," Hunter replied. Rolling his eyes, Remi looked at his dad.

"Where's your brother?" He asked. Remi hated calling his father's brother his uncle or 'uncle stan' because he found it was weird and sounded disgusting. Of course, Remi's father wanted him to address his brother properly but Remi wouldn't dare to.

"I don't know, he's maybe running late," His father replied, his eyes wandering around the airport before landing on Remi again. His lips tugged as he opened his mouth to say,

"How about you go with your friend here and I'll wait for him? Since your aunt and cousins will be joining the ride, I don't think there'll be enough space for you."

Remi knew that was a lie. Who on earth would come to pick someone up at the airport and pack the car with people before they arrive there?

Sighing, Remi nodded and Hunter grinned.

"Awesome," he cheered. He grabbed a few of Remi's suitcases, dragging them outside, where his car was.

Minutes after putting everything in, they took off.