e i g h t - f i r s t e n c o u n t e r

Remi finally arrived in Texas with his dad who was too busy sulking to realize.

"Dad, we can get off now," Remi told his father as he shook him. He slowly looked over at his son, exhausted.

"What year is it?"

Rolling his eyes, Remi grabbed his Dad and suitcases before dragging them both to the people awaiting them.

Remi's uncle.

"Stanley," Stan, Remi's dad, greeted as he walked over to his twin brother. The two hugged before breaking apart, allowing Stanley to pull Remi into a hug as well. Remi didn't like him. He thought he was too close and trying to fit in way too hard.

But he had no choice but to live with him since he's the only one who took them in after the divorce.

Remi's mother's a rich woman. She owns half the businesses in Texas and was proud of it. She has many houses, privates houses, penthouses, you name it. Remi and his dad lived with her most of Remi's life, but moved away after the divorce.

Well, she kicked them out.

But that's a story for another time.

"I'm glad you're back, mate," Stanley said as he pulled away from Remi. He patted him on the back before grabbing some of the suitcases.

Remi's dad started building a house somewhere close to the forest where only he and Remi would be. Remi loved the fact that he and his dad were gonna live alone, away from everyone, but he also hated it because he had no mother to chase after him anymore.

He had no mother to tell him when to wake up, when to go out and make friends, when to put his phone away, and he blamed himself.

He blamed himself for the leaving of his mother. He hated the words he told her that one morning. If he never opened his mouth, he, his father and mother would be happy, living another day in Texas, not worrying about anything.

"Champ."

Snapping out of his thoughts, Remi hummed as his father frowned at him.

"Let's go." His father said. Remi nodded and began walking with his dad and uncle to the car.

Almost two hours later, they arrived home. Instead of stopping, they drove right passed the house.

"Where are we going?" Remi asked as he looked out of the window, putting his phone back into his pocket. He thought about messaging Hunter but decided not to since he doesn't want to be a bother.

"The supermarket. We gotta buy a few things since I know you got a sweet tooth." Stanley replied. Remi's father laid back against the passenger seat and brought his arm up, resting his shoulder next to the window as he looked out of it, his chin in his palm.

Remi wanted to ask his father whether or not he wanted to go, but seeing that they've already passed the house, he kept his mouth shut.

When they arrived at the supermarket, Remi hurriedly got out of the car and ran into the market. He loved shopping for sweets cause he indeed has a sweet tooth.

"Slow down, champ." Remi's father called out but Remi was too busy pacing around, grabbing stuff he wanted. He was like a 5-year-old when it came to candy. His mood would instantly change and he'd forget about everything that happens before he got it.

His father and uncle came up to him with a trolley and told him to put it in, which he did. Running away again, Remi grinned as he looked over every snack on the shelves. Grabbing a large packet of Doritos, he hurried back to his father.

Before he could turn the corner, he bumped into someone, which sent him backward. He didn't have time to hit the ground because the person he bumped into, grabbed onto his arm. The Doritos fell to the ground and Remi groaned as he rubbed his forehead with his free hand.

When he opened his eyes, his breath hitched. Before he stood a very good looking man, holding onto his arm. The man's light honey-colored eyes twinkled as they grew wide, staring deeply into the blue orbs of Remi. His lips, which were rosy and thin, were parted slightly. His brunette hair fell neatly against his forehead in bangs.

The man was simply gorgeous, Remi thought.

Pulling himself up, Remi tore his arm away from the man and lowered his head.

"I-i'm sorry." He stammered as he quickly picked up the bag of Doritos before running off again.