f o u r t e e n - s e c o n d e n c o u n t e r

Remi bit down hard on his bottom lip as he stood next to the big tree. He didn't want to stand there but since it's the only place empty, he didn't want to leave.

Panic rushed through him as he spotted a guy wearing a black shirt. When he realized the rest of his clothes weren't black, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Why am I so nervous?" He asked himself out loud. Running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair, his eyes roamed around for a few minutes.

Calm down, he's not gonna show up, Remi thought.

He nodded and forced a smile as he slid down the tree, bringing his knees up to his chest, hugging them tightly as he rocked back and forth.

His heart was pounding against his chest and butterflies filled his stomach. He grew confused because he didn't know why this was his reaction.

Sighing, the boy lifted up his head and rest it against the tree, slowly shutting his eyes. He concentrated on the darkness, breathing in and out as he tried to calm himself.

The sound of a car pressing brakes roamed through-out the air. Remi opened his eyes and panicked again.

Please, no. He thought.

Seconds later, the engine shut off and he watched as someone came out of the car.

Black shirt, black jeans, black and white converse, golden chain.

Fuck! Remi cursed. His eyes then went up to the owner of clothes and he froze.

That man from the supermarket, He thought.

His eyes widened when Hunter shut the door and walked over to the entrance of the park.

Remi couldn't move.

He was too busy staring at the man in awe as he made his way through the crowd.

Suddenly, Remi's whole body twitched and he gulped. He quickly got on all fours and crawled behind the tree, hoping that Hunter would not look behind there.

He heard footsteps approaching him and he shut his eyes tightly, bringing his knees back up to his chest.

"Where on earth is he?" Came from behind the tree. Remi's breath hitched at that voice. He didn't want to admit it, but he loved it.

He loved the sound of it.

It was rough, low, husky, anything similar to such. When he heard it for the first time, he tried his best to hide his excitement. Of course, Hunter couldn't see him, but the bulge his voice created between Remi's legs was visible to the people around him.

Ting!

Remi was brought out of his thoughts as his phone went off. His shoulders tensed up and he held his breath.

No, no, no, no, no! Remi screamed over and over in his head. He felt like his heart was about to explode.

He prayed that Hunter didn't hear his phone go off, which he didn't. Instead of walking off in disappointment, Hunter rang his phone.

I was saving-

I was saving-

I was saving-

I was saving myself for you!

I was waiting my whole life for-

"Kuso!"

Remi pulled his phone out quickly and declined the call.

No doubt he heard that Remi thought.

Footsteps were heard and Remi shut his eyes again. He wanted the tree to open up and swallow him whole.

Hunter tapped Remi's shoulder which caused a shriek to escape the boy below him.

Hunter chuckled and stooped down to Remi's level.

"So it is you, "He said as he tilted his head a little. Remi opened his eyes and came face to face with Hunter.

Literally.

Remi jolted backward and brought his hand back to support him as his other hand went up to his face in shock.

"Wha-what do you mean by that?" Remi asked as his cheeks heated up.

"You're the guy that bumped into me right? I knew it was you the moment you said 'I met a guy'." He told Remi. Looking away, the now timid boy bit down on his lips.

Why am I so nervous? He thought.

"So, what's up, mi princesa?" Hunter asked as he sat down next to Remi.

Remi's eyes wandered to Hunter's lips as his tongue rolled on his words. He swallowed hard before looking back at his eyes.

"D-don't call me that." He said. Hunter chuckled and brought his knees up, laying both his arms on them, one ontop another.

"Why not?" Hunter asked as he looked at everyone walking around. Remi looked at his lap and shrugged.

"I'm not a princess," He replied.

"Of course you are, Mufasa," Hunter said as a goofy grin made it's way to his lips. Remi couldn't help but burst out in fits of laughter.

"Cute,"

Remi stopped laughing and stared at Hunter weirdly.

"What's cute?" He asked. Hunter tilted his head as his grin grew.

"Your laugh, I like it."

Remi's cheeks turned a tint of red as those words left Hunter's mouth. Trying to hide it, Remi buried his face in his palms.

"Can you go away?" He asked, groaning slightly.

"Nope," Hunter replied.

"Why not?" Remi asked. He peeked through a hole between his fingers to see the brunette already looking at him already. Hunter brought his hands up to Remi's face and removed his hands.

"Because I don't want to leave." Came from the man sitting next to him. Remi rolled his eyes, ignoring the beast which was pounding against his chest.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Hunter suddenly blurted out. He got off the ground before jogging over to his vehicle. Remi took the moment to stare at the back of Hunter.

Squealing, he turned back around.

Seconds later, Hunter came back. In his hand held a box of what looked like cookies.

Chocolate chip cookies.

Of course, Remi couldn't say no. It was his favorite after all.

"I made them yesterday and had extras so I thought I'd bring them for you since, well, you're here," Hunter said as he stretched out his hand which held the box.

Remi looked at it, then him, then back at the box, before taking it from him. Hiding his smile, he looked down at his lap and said,

"Thank you."