s e v e n t e e n - s e c o n d c a l l a n d t h i r d e n c o u n t e r

Hunter sighs softly as he puts on a T-shirt and joggers before heading downstairs. He grabs his phone and keys before heading outside, locking the door behind him.

When he gets into his car, he calls Remi.

"Hello."

"Hey, princess."

Hunter starts the vehicle and drives out of his garage, the door shutting automatically. On the other line, he could hear Remi sniff every now and then, signaling that he was crying.

"I'm sorry, nevermind. you can go back inside hunter."

Hunter's heart ached at the sound of his voice. It was so small and he sounded fragile, like anything right now would break him.

Chuckling, Hunter turned the corner down the street.

"It's too late, love. I'm almost there."

Indeed he was.

Hunter never told Remi, but he didn't live too far away from his uncle. Just a few corners and he was there.

Making his last turn, Hunter slowed down and looked outside the window for Remi. When he spotted him, he found the boy sitting on the ground with his knees up to his chest as he rocked himself back and forth.

He looks cold, Hunter thought.

He quickly hung up the phone and took his jacket which stayed overnight in his car. He parked his vehicle somewhere close to Remi's uncle before getting out and jogging towards him.

When Remi spotted him, he placed his phone down and burst into tears.

"Hey, what happened?" Hunter asked him as his eyebrows furrowed. He placed the jacket over his own shoulder and lifted Remi off the ground. He stumbled a little but managed to fall against Hunter's chest.

Looking down, Remi back away a little and crossed his arms.

"Take me far away from here," He said, well, more like demanded. Hunter pursed his lips and brought his hand up to Remi's cheek, lifting his head a little so that he was looking at him.

"I can't take you away from your house. That would basically be kidnapping."

"I'm not 5, dude. I'm 17, i'll be turning 18 in a few weeks so it doesn't matter if someone calls the cops cause I went missing at night," Remi said. He leaned into Hunter's touch and shut his eyes.

"Just please,"

Sighing, Hunter grabbed his jacket off of his shoulder and dropped it on top of the boy's head. Stunned, Remi blushed and took it off his head.

"Let's go, then," Hunter said as he walked over to his car, Remi following behind him like a lost puppy.

After getting into Hunter's vehicle, they sat there in silence.

"Are you sure you want to-"

"Yes, Hunter. Just... please, just go somewhere far. I don't know, your house? Where ever, I don't care." Remi cut Hunter off. Hunter nods and starts the engine.

Seconds later, they took off.