Nightmare

A/N I'll write a floofy chapter after this 😅. If you have any requests that would be great. Rate if you enjoy 💕💕

Cold. Alone. Pain. The heavy ceiling pressing down on him. Squeezing his body. Tearing at his flesh. He was alone. Tony was probably sat in his tower surrounded by friends or his suits having fun. Tony doesn't care for Peter. He never did. Every second he spent here he was one second closer to death. Nobody would care. His body would be here left to rot then turn into dust. He had to find a way out but he just couldn't. He wasn't strong enough, he wasn't good enough. The only thing he could do was scream as loud as he could. Not that anyone cared enough about him to help. They'd all be glad he was finally out of their way.

*Tony's POV* (I've never written in first person so let's see how it goes.)

11:30pm

I was sat in my lab tinkering with the navigation in my newest suit. My music was low as everyone was asleep and I wasn't. As per usual. I heard a muffled scream from the floor above. PETER!!

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, give me Petie's vitals! What's happening to my kid?!"

"It appears that Mr.Parker is having a night terror, Sir. Heart rate is 157 and he has hit his head on his headboard. He is still asleep and he is kicking around. Mild concussion. Be careful boss, you may get hurt."

I was out of the door as soon as I heard concussion. I don't care about getting hurt when my little kid is being hurt by his own mind.

I quietly made my way down the hall, not taking the time to laugh at Steve's snoring. I stopped at the room with a spider on the door and quietly drifted it open.
"Fri, lights at 10%." I whispered.
The lights slowly turned up. The room was still dark but I could see the outline of Pete now. He wasn't kicking around anymore he was just shaking, frozen in place with tears streaming down his face, no sign of slowing.

"HELP!" He screamed, frightening the life out of me. His face broke my heart. He's so young- he doesn't deserve all that's happened to him. I gently placed myself at his side and delicately shook his shoulder (not wanting to scare him). He jolted awake, making me jump yet again.
"Pete?" I whispered. His face made me want to cry. How did God let so much disaster happen to one small boy. My boy.
"Dad?" He asked, his voice delicate and shaky.

Dad.
The kid just called me Dad. For the first time. We've only had petie for 2 months after his aunt died. At least he stopped calling me Mr. Stark.
I could get used to 'Dad' but that was definitely not the problem right now.

"Yeah it's me. What was happening in your dream bud. Nonono don't cry I'm here. This is real."

"Well the vulture dropped the roof on me and it was pressing down on me and I couldn't breathe and he killed my family right in front of my eyes and then." He let out a deep, quivering breath. "Then you appeared and said I never mattered to you. You told me I was just a charity case.
"Do you love me?" "Do you want me here?" He breathed, his voice getting louder yet more worried.

Wow. Just wow.

"Kiddo, your family is in a better place. They never deserved what happened to them and you most definitely don't deserve what happened to you." I lifted his chin to look at me. I could see the tears starting up again. "I think of you as my son and words can't describe how much me and Pepper love you. You have made me a better person and you make my day better by breathing. Don't you ever think that we don't love you ever again."

"Try and get some sleep and we'll talk about this tomorrow, k? Don't hesitate to tell me if you need anything at all." "I love you bud, try and get some sleep."

"'Kay dad. Love you too."

I waited until he got settled and turned the lights out. "Dad? Can you stay with me tonight, please?"
"Of course kiddo. It's about time I get some sleep too."

I snuggled next to him and he put his head on my chest and fell right asleep.

* Nobody's POV*

When morning came Pepper woke up without Tony at her side.
"Typical."
"Fri, where's Tony?"
"It appears he is asleep with Mr.Parker. In Parker's room, boss."
Pepper smiled widely.
"Well that's adorable."
She had a plan. Pep gathered as many avengers as she could and they all crept into Peter's room to see the two cuddled up together.
"Fri take a picture and save it to the 'two idiots' file." Nat whispered.

"Ok, that's freaking adorable" Bucky said.
"Language" Steve whispered.
"Oh so I'm not even allowed to say freaking now. What's your problem? I'm never allowed to say anything remotely close to swearing anymore. Thi-" Bucky whisper-shouted before getting cut off by Sam.
"Jeez Charlie Frown. Calm yourself Winter Smoulder." Sam sniggered at Bucky's unimpressed look.

"Shhhh. Both of you, pack it in. You'll wake the babies." Wanda whispered stifling a laugh.

Hope you all enjoyed this. 💕
Love you all-K🔵