Share the power

The gauntlet lit up with the iridescent hues of the 6 stones. Tony's cries in pain as the gauntlet burned his arm attracted avengers. Too much for him to handle. They all swarmed around him and thanos is a big loop. They had to be here when Tony d-
"WAIT!" Peter Quill called out. "EVERYBODY!! LINK TOGETHER! SHARE THE POWER."

The avengers all linked hands. Peter and Pepper rested a hand on both of Tony's shoulders.

Snap.

The colours surged around the loop. Power filled up the capacity of their bodies. Thanos turned grey. Particles crumbled on his bruises and bloody skin. He faded away. Gone and reduced to atoms. Nobody cared.

"Friday! Read Tony! Is he going to live?!" Pepper fell to her knees at Tony's side. Peter couldn't muster words, he just took Tony's hand and squeezed it three times. When Peter was young, Tony taught him that squeezing his hand three times meant 'I love you'.

"I'm afraid a new arm will be needed for Mr.Stark and he has severe cuts and burns. He'll live Miss Potts."

Tony fell out of unconsciousness and Peter propped him up on a rock just behind him.
The words of Friday echoed in his mind. He'll be ok. His dad will be ok.
"I'm here dad. It's me, Peter. You're gonna be fine. Ok? You'll be ok."

*back at the tower*
Tony has to wear one of Bucky's old arms and he was not happy about it. He whined about how it didn't suit him and looked tacky. Peter figures he might spend his time working on something. Something special for Tony.

Peter stayed up late most nights. We thrives off of tea and coffee and worked endlessly for Tony. But it was worth it. Worth it for his father's happiness.

The shining red glistened under the bright lights of Peter's lab. Shining gold titanium allow swirled around the red. Exactly like Tony's iron man suit. Guess he's more like iron fist now. Peter held up the arm. After vigorous testing it was finally ready.

Peter thought he might take it to his dad. 4am. Or not. It had only been 5 days so Tony didn't move around much, so Peter was surprised when he hung up the arm and locked the door to his lab to find Tony making his way down the stairs.

"Dad? What are you doing up at 4am?"
"Funny. I was about to ask you the same question kid."
Peter was silent.
"So are you gonna leave me hanging?"
"Well I was- I was kinda working on something for you?"
"You don't sound to sure about it."
"I was going to show you when you were awake."
"Well I'm awake right now. Cmon show me what you've been up to. And get something to eat kiddo you look as thin as a stick."

Peter unlocked the door of the lab and Tony followed him inside. Peter opened up the pod and grabbed the arm. "It's not very good but I thought it would stop you moaning about Uncle Buck's arm."

"Aww kid! It's perfect!" Tony wrapped the thin Peter in a hug. "Help me out here kid. I gotta put this on."

Peter fiddled around with the arms until Tony's new one was slotted on perfectly. "Give it a try dad."
Tony moves his fingers and elbow.
"It's perfect kid! Let's go get some food in you though."

Peter and Tony went up to the kitchen and Tony made Peter his favourite. Blueberry pancakes.

Peter soon finished them so he sat at the kitchen island drinking some sleepy time tea waiting for Tony to finish. Tony dumped all the dishes in the sink and put his arm around Peter as they walked up to the Stark floor where him, Peter, Pepper and Morgan slept.

Tony made sure Peter got into bed instead of staying up working. "I know you want to be like me Kiddo but trust me. You need to sleep."
"I know I know."
"I love you kid."
"Love you too dad."

Thank you for being patient as this chapter has taken a long time to come out. Hope you enjoyed this shorter style story.
Love you all
-K🖤