Ch 8

A/n: quick reminder about your quirk!!
Quirk: Boomerang

You can throw any object and it will come back to you. You can also control how fast it comes back.

Drawbacks: once an object is coming back to you there is no way to stop it. This means that if your bringing back an object at a high speed it will hit your hand at a high speed.
_______________________

It was the day of the sports festival. (Y/n) could hardly sleep the night before, the butterflies in her stomach were almost overwhelming. Everyone had taken a bus to a stadium looking thing were the sports festival was being held.

When they got there Midnight had Bakugo say a few words,Which weren't very good ones. He had said something along the lines of "I'm gonna win" or something. Present Mic had explained what everyone would be doing next. Essentially, it was a race through an obstacle ridden course.

"Seems easy enough," (y/n) thought to herself. That was until SOMEONE had to go and freeze the damn place! (Y/n) huffed angrily at her feet. They had been practically fused to the ground with ice. Stupid Todoroki. The
(h/c) girl bent down and started slamming her fists on the ice in attempt to break it off. Eventually, with a bit of wiggling, she broke free and continued on.

-timeskip because I'm lazy-

Everyone had finished and guess who won?? Midoriya!!
Y E S you go broccoli bean!
(Y/n) had made it in 12th place. Which wasn't so bad... her quirk wasn't very helpful in races anyway.

The finish line for the race had been the entrance back into the stadium. Everyone had gathered around the stand that midnight was on to receive new instructions.

"Great job! Now~," She pointed up to a board that was displaying what to do next.

"You will gather into teams, each team will be given the same amount of headbands with the same amount of points. Each headband has a number on it. The number represents the amount of points. The team with the most points when the time is over wins!" Midnight said it her overly enthusiastic voice.
(Y/n) glanced around. "man whos team should I join? Do I just go up and ask someone?" A hand tapped her shoulder and she spun around.

"Want to join my team?" (y/n) could see almost perfectly straight teeth as the persons lips curled into a smirk. She looked up at them and was taken aback to be met with wild purple hair and a menacing purple gaze. "It's him!"
Nervous, She shuffled back a little.

"Uh, sure?" That was the last thing she remembered.

(Y/n) blinked, her eyes finally clearing. "What had happened?" Ojiro walked over to her. He seemed to be just a shaken as she was.

"Hey, you look a little dazed. Do you remember anything?" He asked her, concerned.

"I-a- no I don't," (y/n) rubbed her temples.

"Me neither, I think it's that guys quirk. Mind control or something," His thumb pointed back behind himself at the familiar purple floof.

"O H- yep that would make sense." She giggled, no longer worried for her safety. "That's a relief, I was worried that there was something wrong with me for a second. Glad it's just that guys quirk."

"I don't trust him," Ojiro glared at the kid. (Y/n) patted his shoulder.

"Don't be rude now, your just startled." She laughed.

"..."

"(Y/n) he used us to his own advantage."

"Oh shit dog u right." (Y/n) cupped her face. "Well- it's in the past now, don't hold a grudge ok Ojiro?" She gave him a thumbs up and walked over to Uraraka and Deku to update them on her life status.

-timeskip-

The best part of the sports festival had begun. Now the students got to duel one on one. Mortal combat style. (Y/n)'s first opponent was Mineta, who was surprisingly hard to beat. She had managed to kick up a rock and chuck it behind him. Then she made a pulling motion with her hand and brought the rock back. Before it came back to her hand it conked Mineta on the back of the head and knocked him out. All she had to do was push him over the white line.

After a few students had gone it was
(y/n)'s turn again. This time she was against Kaminari. He was definitely a challenge. (Y/n) had to dodge his attacks, getting zapped a few times before he wore himself out. Then she just walked him to the line and gave him a gentle nudge over it.

Mina was next against (y/n). Every object she threw at Mina kept getting melted by her acid. So ( y/n) had to aim higher where Mina couldn't shoot her acid. She used the same trick she used with Mineta and knocked the pink haired girl out.

Kirishima.
Kirishima was the death of (y/n).
Her quirk was absolutely and utterly useless against him. She couldn't knock him out, he'd just harden his skin. She just couldn't beat him. He'd beaten her pretty quickly. His tough skin knocking her out.

"I'm so Sorry (y/n)!" Kirishima cried into her shirt at recovery girls office.
His skin had scratched up her skin pretty bad and he'd knocked her out cold.

"Pfft- it's fine kirishima, I feel fine. I'm not hurting or anything."
(Y/n) patted his head and giggled at him.

-smol timeskip-

(Y/n) sat down in the stands with Uraraka and a few other classmates. They'd been both eliminated so now they got to cheer on their classmates.

________________________
A/n: here's ur meme

________________________A/n: here's ur meme