Ch 18

She looked at him for a while. He awkwardly fiddled with his fingers, not quite knowing what to do or say and also not quite used to all the attention. He liked it though...someone other than his parents actually caring. Someone who also knew his quirk...the very thing that brought him so much pain was now, seeming, to not matter to this girl.
A hand reached out yet again to rest against his. He shivered at the touch, not quite used to physical affection. The hug she'd given him earlier had felt so good and he hadn't wanted her to let go- wait? What was he thinking? Shinso shook himself. Getting attached too quickly would be bad, he'd only get hurt. Y/n's Hand lifted from his.

"Would you like me to leave? I know some people don't like company when bad things happen," she brought a hand to her arm. Shinso pondered for a moment. If she left then he'd be alone with his thoughts. No that didn't sound too good. He couldn't think of an answer. His head was a jumble. Why was she being so nice? Why was she doing any of this for him? Hadn't she just met him a while ago? He looked at her closer. For the first time he'd realized why she seemed so familiar. The girl from the coffee shop. The one he'd ordered for. This has been the same girl? Why hadn't he noticed? Why did she care so much?
Y/n's voice pulled him from his paranoid thoughts.

"Shinso? Are you alright?" She had a concerned look on her face and her eyes held worry. Why did she care?

"You can do whatever, I don't really care. Leave or stay it doesn't matter to me," it really did matter though, he desperately wanted her to stay but the other side of him was whispering worrying thoughts in his ear. Y/n's eyes widened at his tone.

"I-I'll leave you be then," she mustered a giggle, trying to seem light hearted. "You probably want to be alone for a while, that's alright, I'll see you later ok?" Y/n gave him a warm smile and closer his door gently. She thanked his mom for letting her in to see him and made her way back home. "Maybe I read the signs wrong? Did he want me to stay? Agh I don't know!? Is it just me being clingy? Maybe I should back off a little... yeah I'll do that," she thought to herself.

~time skip to the next day~

As it was the last day of her wonderful weekend (Sarcasm intended). Y/n was going to the store to get some more clothes. The ones she'd still had she'd been wearing for like, a year. She needed some variety in her life. You know...to spice things up. She walked to the store which wasn't far from her house. Plus some exercise wouldn't hurt. On her way she saw a lovely shade of lavender hair that just so happens to belong to a lovely person. Y/n skipped up to Shinso.

"Hey! Are you feeling better today?" She asked excitedly. Shinso looked to her. His dark circles seemed darker and his hair was a little messier. "He probably didn't sleep well," y/n thought to herself.

"Just Fine," he gave a short answer. Y/n looked at him dully. "What?" He raised an eyebrow at her expression.

"What are you doing?" She questioned.
Now it was his turn to look dull.

"My mom ran out of eggs this morning so she made me go get some," y/n hummed In understanding. "What about you?" He asked.

"Me? Oh I'm throwing that plan out the window, I'm coming with you now," she said with a quite serious voice. Shinso raised an eyebrow at her. They walked in silence for a while before Shinso spoke again.

"What are you tagging along for? I'm just getting eggs there's no point," y/n pondered his statement for a moment.

"Why not? I'm bored, your probably bored," y/n thought up an excuse. Shinso shrugged at her.

The store doors slid open and the two of them walked in. Y/n tagging along behind the taller male, stopping ever so often to look at a random item. Shinso had told her not to touch anything but she ended up touching a lot of things. They passed through the isle with all the bathroom supplies and y/n stopped to look at a rubber duck. Shinso hadn't seemed to notice her stop as he kept walking. Eventually after y/n was done admiring this gorgeous fellow she looked around. Shinso was no where to be found. She started having childhood flashbacks of losing her mother in the store and freaked out. Y/n walked quickly through the isles, trying to find him. She passed the isle with the eggs and milk and stuff, Shinso was not there. He'd probably gotten them already. Y/n gasped, "did he leave me behind?" She broke into a jog, running past some of the check out stations before a hand reached out and grabbed her arm.

"There you are," Shinso pulled her into line with him. Y/n then experienced the so called thing called déjà vu. They checked out and exited the store. "You didn't steal anything did you?" Shinso asked her nonchalantly. Y/n gasped at him.

"W-what no, why would I?? Do I seem like a criminal to you?" She exaggerated her shock.
Y/n walked Shinso home, bid him farewell, and began her journey back to her own house. As she walked she realized something. "What happened to the
'back off' plan??"

____________________________
A/n: here's your meme:

____________________________A/n: here's your meme: