Ch 20

The bell for lunch had rung and Y/n was quickly packing her things. She shuffled out of the 1-A doors and into the crowded hallway of hungry students. "Crap, how am I gonna find Shinso in this?" She made her way into hall, bumping into many students. She'd finally made it to the exit but she noticed a group of third years standing in the middle of the doorway chatting it up, acting like no one was there trying to get through. Y/n could have just gone around them but that wasn't like her, these kind of people pissed her off. Y/n marched up to them, the closer she got the taller they seemed.
"Why are older kids always so huge looking?" She nervously thought. She stamped her foot when she was in front of them. The group looked towards the sound, when they saw nothing their eyes tilted down just a little, landing on y/n. Her cheeks were puffed out in anger and she'd clenched her fists. One of them, a boy with brown hair, raised an eyebrow.

"What's with you-," he was cut off by
y/n.

"Who do you think you are huh?! Standing in the doorway like that! Some people are trying to get through you know?! God- do you think of anyone but yourself?!" hands wrapped around y/n's waist from behind and gently pulled her back. She hadn't seemed to notice, she was till fuming and spitting insults at the third years, who's eyes were wide.

"Hey, sorry about that...she's a bit of a handful," Shinso gave the bunch a false smile and slung y/n his shoulder. As he walked away with her on his shoulder she flipped the group off.
Once outside, Shinso set y/n down on a bench.

"What do you think your doing, harassing the third years like that?" He asked, a slightly annoyed look in his eyes.

"Wh-they were sTANDING IN THE DOORWAY, of course I harassed them! That's like- it's rude to just stand there when people are trying to actually get somewhere!" Y/n bit her lip in frustration.

"Ok, ok, calm down," he raised an eyebrow at her. Y/n raised an eyebrow back. Shinso let out a quiet huff and turned away, shaking his head a little.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here!" A loud cheery voice sounded behind them. "Whachu two doin?" Kirishima walked to face them, Denki following to stand next to him. Shinso frowned a little at the two of them.

"Oh! We were just talking," y/n waved him off.

"Ooh? About what?" Kirishima asked. Y/n quickly changed the subject.

"Hey aren't you usually with Bakugo?" Kirishima nodded at her. "Well- where is he-," a gravelly voice sounded from behind her.

"Right here dumbass," Bakugo spoke behind Shinso and y/n, startling the two. The two of them flinched and y/n spun around on the bench to face him.

"Bakugo don't do that! You scared me!" She pouted at him. He returned her pout with a cocky smirk. Bakugo had become somewhat of a big brother figure to y/n. He didn't especially hate her because she wasn't super annoying. Since kirishima was her friend and he had to hang out with her sometimes she kinda grew on him. He'd never admit it but she became somewhat of a little sister.

After a little talking the bakusqad left the premises, leaving y/n and Shinso alone again. Y/n turned to Shinso.

"Heheh, sorry about that," she let out a nervous laugh. Y/n brought a finger to her mouth and bit down on her nail, a nervous habit she had. Shinso was looking at the ground in front of him.

"You're pretty close with them huh?" He said softly. Y/n nodded, but then remembered that he couldn't see her nod.

"Yeah, Bakugo's like a brother to me and krishima and Kaminari are my friends...well, basically everyone in my class are my friends," she let out a breathy laugh at herself. Shinso turned his head to look at her. His lavender eyes catching the sun when they met hers. For a moment, time felt like it had stopped. If she was being honest, the way his eyes looked in the sun gave her the feeling of taking a breath when it's been held for too long. His eyes lingered on hers for a moment before faintly breathing out the words;
"Lucky,"

The bell for the end of lunch rung. Shinso stood, took a step, then turned to look at her. He hesitated before speaking.
"Thanks," he opened his mouth to speak again but closed it. Y/n watched him go, a feeling of melancholy left swimming in her chest. "Lucky," His words repeated in her mind. "I guess he doesn't have many friends..." she looked up at the sky, the clouds looked soft and puffy and they were lazily floating through the blue abyss.
"I'll be your friend."

____________________________
A/n: here's your meme!

____________________________A/n: here's your meme!