Ch 12

Y/n woke up the day after the sports festival. She tried her best to pry herself away from the warm comfort of her bed. It felt as if every muscle screeched in agony so she decided that a warm bath was needed.

After a much needed bath y/n had decided that since it was a Saturday and she worked so hard during the sports festival that she would treat herself to something. Coffee, hot chocolate, maybe a pastry or something.

"I'm going out for a bit mom!" Y/n called as she slid on some shoes.

"Alright, be careful!" Her mom's muffled voice came from the laundry room.
Y/n made her way along the side walk towards her destination. She pulled out her headphones but before she could put them on a very specific sound was heard. It was most definitely a cat, unless dogs could make that sound now...
Y/n frantically looked around and then her eyes landed on a tabby who was dangerously close to the road.

"Oh no, hey get away from there or else you'll get hit!" She shuffled her way over to the poor thing and scooped it up in her arms. She gave it a pat on the head and it mewled in response.

"Guess I gotta take you with me since it doesn't look like your with anyone..." She whispered to it. As y/n continued to walk to her desired destination she noticed a familiar lilac head of hair. He appeared to be nonchalantly glancing around, looking for something. He was probably trying not to draw too much attention to himself but his expression was pretty worrisome. Y/n decided to approach this fine gent.

"Hey Shinso, are you ok? You look pretty worried about something." She looked up at him. The cat let out a meow from her arms. He looked at her, down to the cat, then back to her.

"That's my cat." He was tense.

"Oh is it now? Or are you trying to steal someone else's cat." She lifted an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah it's mine."

"You sure?"

"Please give him back." He was getting impatient. Y/n giggled and gently slid the cat into his arms. He cradled the thing like it was his own life he was holding.

"Must like that cat a lot huh?" Y/n placed a hand on her hip.

"I've had him since grade school." Shinso said and gave the cat a pat.

"Aww so he's like your little buddy then" y/n titled her head at him.

"Yeah...I better go, thanks for finding him." Shinso started to walk away. "Pfft not this again, you really think you can get rid of me that easily Shinso??"

"Where you going to?" Y/n fell into pace with him and Shinso let out a sigh.

"Home." There was a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Why don't I walk you there? I've got nothing better to do." Y/n said, forfeiting her treat for some sweet time with Shinso.

"If you want." He really couldn't care less. They walked in silence for a while and
y/n's mind has started to wander. "Oh no it's starting to get awkward quick Y/N think of something to say."

"So...uh...what's your cat's name?" She asked, turning to give the cat a glance. It was peacefully sleeping in Shinso's arms. "Pfft lucky."

"Gremlin." He'd said it so nonchalantly that Y/n had to process if she was hearing things right.

"G-gremlin?" She'd be lying if she said she wasn't holding back laughter.

"Yeah...don't feed him after midnight." A small smirk played on his lips. Y/n stared at Shinso and he stared back.
"Did he?...just-?"
Slowly, a smile spread onto her face and she let out a laugh. The corners of Shinso's mouth lifted.

They had shortly arrived at Shinso's house. He thanked her and she waved goodbye. Y/n did not get a wave back. "Not on waving terms yet huh? Alright Shinso I see how it is." She smiled sinisterly. "Now I know where you live...wait that sounded really creepy I didn't mean it like that. I mean- like- for future reference-."

____________________________
A/n: here's your meme!

____________________________A/n: here's your meme!