Ch 17

Y/n awoke, S A T U R D A Y, finally. She'd decided that today was a fine day. A fine day indeed. And why was this day so good? Well...she was going to hang with Shinso, wether he liked it or not. Y/n pulled on her best clothes and headed to the bathroom to brush out her hair. After she'd done what needed to be done she headed out the front door.

The sky was clear, the air felt clean and cool on her skin. The world was still spinning, well, her world at least. Once she stepped onto the front steps of Shinso's house she got a sickening feeling. Y/n gently knocked on the door. A woman answered, she looked to be in her late 30s and had beautiful lavender hair. She must've been Shinso's mom. The whites of her eyes were a little red as if she had been crying.

"Oh honey, you must be Shinso's friend. He's not doing too good right now sweetie," she sniffled a little. Y/n gazed worriedly at her.

"Can I see him? Is he alright?" Y/n took a worried step towards her.

"Oh he's alright it's just...well his cat died and he was rather...well...yes why don't you come in," she stepped aside and let
y/n step into the house. The second y/n was in she bolted up to Shinso's room. When she reached the door she gently knocked.

"Go away," a muffled voice sounded from the other side of the door. Gently, y/n spoke.

"Shinso, please let me in," after a little bit the door opened a crack. Y/n slowly pushed it open. Shinso stood there in the door way, tears staining his cheeks and the whites of his eyes had the same red tint as his mother's. They'd both definitely been crying. "Oh, oh no," y/n's Voice dripped with sympathy. She slowly reached out to him, her hands sliding behind his back and pulling him in. She embraced him fully, sliding one of her hands behind his head and bringing it down to rest on her shoulder. Shinso let out a barely audible sob. His arms came to wrap around her as well, tightening a little.

"I'm gonna get your shirt all wet," he muffled into her shoulder, sniffling again.

"It's ok Shinso, a wet shirt is the least of my worries right now," she pet his hair. "Soft," she thought to herself. Eventually, they pulled apart and sat on the floor.

"Is it ok if I ask what happened?" Y/n questioned.

"Gremlin got out again this morning, I went looking for him and," he stopped to sniffle again. "When I found him he'd been...well...hit," his was scratchy. Shinso blinked and some more tears spilled down his cheeks.
Y/n's eyes widened and she reached for his hand.

"I know you probably don't want to hear it Shinso but I'm so, so sorry," her hand tightened on his.

"No, thank you...it means a lot to me," he rubbed an eye with his free hand.

____________________________
A/n: ;( here's ur meme:

____________________________A/n: ;( here's ur meme: