Chapter Fifteen: Trade Mistakes

Misty's POV

It was the day of the game.

I was just awaiting the look on Jiri's face when he were to see me in a Flyers jersey. I'd asked Jakub specifically to get me seats behind the net, which he didn't do.

Instead, he got me a spot behind the bench with the Flyers' coaching staff.

This plan is turning out perfect. All the pieces are slowly falling into place.

The only thing I need now, is Jiri.

"So, who are you cheering for tonight?" Jakub asked.

I was too mesmerized by the beauty of Philadelphia to answer. Many of the locals would tell me it isn't a special city by any means, but something about it caught my eyes.

Maybe it was the fact that it looked so similar to Toronto.

"Huh?" I asked, still somewhat dazed.

"Who are you cheering for tonight?" He asked again.

"The Flyers, duh." I smirked, tugging at the logo upon my chest.

"Who are you really cheering for?" He questioned, more seriously this time.

I guess he didn't find my ridiculous, humorous antics too funny this time...

"My heart is telling me to cheer for the Hurricanes, while my head is telling me to cheer for the Flyers." I confessed.

"I see." Was all he said in return.

I wasn't too sure what that was supposed to mean. Was it the, 'I know where you're coming from' I see, or the 'ignorant S.O.B' I see?

Either way, it made the situation completely awkward. Our conversation came to a standstill as I listened closely to the music playing softly throughout the vehicle.

Firework by Katy Perry.

"I don't care what anyone says, that song never gets old." I laughed, trying to get Jakub to speak to me.

It was no use, he was already mad at me.

So, if he wanted to sit in silence, that's what we're going to do.

I stared down at the jersey I was wearing. The orange was a huge change from the light blue I was so used to wearing.

I traced my fingers along the Flyers' logo. It didn't feel right; it just wasn't... Me.

Almost everyone in Toronto hated the Flyers, and I was one of them.

I never thought in a million years I'd wear that orange jersey, let alone date a Philadelphia Flyer.

Sure, it wasn't a real relationship, but only Jakub and I knew that.

"Alright," he said, breaking the silence. "We're here."

I nodded and unlatched the car door.

The Flyers' parking garage was quiet and dim. Very few cars were parked, which made me think we were one of the first ones there.

I watched as the coaches and trainers made their way into the arena.

"Why are we here so early?" I questioned quietly.

"I thought traffic would be worse." He sighed, turning to face me.

We continued to walk into the arena silently. I looked over at Jakub, adjusting the big hockey bag on his shoulder.

Once reaching the locker room, he came to a halt. I stopped behind him abruptly and crossed my arms across my chest.

"You know you can't be in here, right?" Jakub reminded me with a puzzled stare.