Chapter Twenty-Three: To You With Love

Jiri's POV

I awoke the next morning beside the girl of my dreams. She was beautiful and perfect in everyway. 

Sometimes I ask myself how I got so lucky to have a girl like her.

I watched her beautiful sleeping face for a little while longer until I slowly slid out of bed, making sure not to wake her.

Quietly, I stood up and crawled out of my flannel pajama pants, sliding into a more comfortable pair of sweats with an old t-shirt. I'd decided to go out and grab some breakfast for the two of us.

Just the two of us.

I grabbed the keys off of the table next to the door and made my way to the nearest restaurant. 

McDonalds. It was a cheep man's breakfast, but there wasn't much else within walking distance.

And I don't know about her, but any meal I share with her will be special. Just because she's there sharing it with me. 

How can a man like me be so lucky?

---

Misty's POV

It was 8:34 in the morning and I was wide awake. 

That was the earliest I'd been up in... God knows how long.

I rose from the bed, looking over to see Jiri's spot empty.

Okay... Maybe he's in the bathroom.

I quickly threw on my pink, silk robe and tied it as I approached the bathroom. The door was open, and there was no one inside.

My heart sunk. He's not here. And there was no practice scheduled today, either... So, where could he be? 

He couldn't have left--

My thoughts were interrupted by the doorknob turning. I prayed it was Jiri and not some pervert waiting on the other side. I blinked rapidly until I noticed Jiri squeeze through the door with bags of food in-hand.

Thank God.

I rushed over to help him, but he refused, rushing over to the beds and placing the food upon them. 

"How long have you been awake?" He asked, walking over to me. His green eyes were electrifying.

As soon as I met his glance, there was no turning back. He had me hypnotized.

Before I could say a word, he had his arms wrapped around my a waist. The feeling of his warm breath on my neck calmed my nerves, like usual. 

It was the little things about him that made me fall for him every time I laid eyes on him.

"Only about five minutes now." I replied with a giggle.

"I love your laugh." He commented, pressing his forehead against mine lightly.

"Well, I love you." I giggled once again, giving him a quick kiss. 

"I love you, too." He smiled, still holding his forehead against mine.

We continued to stand there silently. 

It wasn't an awkward silence, it was one of those silences that made your heart race, anticipating what the other person would do or say next. And with Jiri, it was always a surprise.

"So," he smirked, "There's something I've been meaning to ask you for awhile now."

Oh, my God. He better not...

"Alright." I replied hesitantly.

"What made you agree to take me back?"

That's not what I had in mind at all...

"I really don't know," I confessed, "I just missed all the memories we shared in the short while we were together. And to this day, I still regret everything I ever did to you."

"Let's not talk about that." He smiled, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "Are you sure it wasn't that letter I wrote you a few years back?"

What letter? This is that first I've heard of a letter...

I stared at him, puzzled. Am I missing something here?

Clearly he took the hint I was confused and spoke up. 

"You didn't get the note?" He frowned, looking down at the floor.

"Jiri," I whispered, "I honestly didn't." I confessed.

The frown on his face quickly disappeared as his green eyes met my blue ones. 

Just before speaking, he placed a soft kiss between my eyes.

How did he remember that was my sweet spot?

"It doesn't matter." He grinned, continuing to hold his forehead against mine while pulling me towards him.

"All that matters is that we're together now... Forever."