Ch.9- Zanies and fools

So go listen to the song in the mm cause guess what ? that's your new single 😱

Your POV

"Dude, I just called my plug and his phone was unplugged, I was looking at doug like, 'dude'" Brian and I were trying to freestyle with random stories and trying out best to rhyme.

"Y/n, that shit don't even make no fucking sense like having fucking arguments for paying 50 extra cents for barbecue" He threw his head back as he laughed again.

"Saucing on the workers at mcdonald's, I don't wanna sit and argue, good burger should've taught you we're all dudes" I got up and stood on the table, milly rocking aggressively.

"And i'm all professional and proper but my baby mama stopped me in a meeting just to airdrop me some..." He trailed off and looked at me, jumping onto the table with me.

"NUDES!" We yelled in unison before jumping onto the studio couch together.

"We gotta use that for a song one day"

"You guys are definitely on crack" My producer chuckled as he walked into the room with his tools.

"Don't be jealous because you haven't had fun in like 100 years" He spun his chair around to look at me with his jaw dropped.

He scoffed before turning around again.
"Young lady, I am NOT that old. I'll have you know that I am only 30"

"Exactly, you are old. You've been on this earth for 30 years, ew you were probably alive when the before brick phones existed" I shivered at the thought of having to carry around 10 pounds.

"Well you've been on this earth for 19 so what you tryna say ?" He countered as he pulled up my selection of beats.

I simply told him it was whatever before pushing Brian over the couch once more.

"I hate you so much Y/n" He said with a glare.

"I would say I love you more but that's very straight and that's something I'm definitely not, Immanuel" I winked at him and made my way over to Jay.

"Alright what you got for me jay ?" He pulled up three beats.

He played the first two beats which sounded good but nothing stood out.

He played the third one and the beginning sounded really good but too mellow and I wasn't looking to make a sad song but then some kind of afro beat made its way through the speakers and I instantly smiled.

This is the one.

Jay and I smiled at each other, knowing this was exactly what I was looking for, I dapped Jay up and grabbed my songbook.

I'm bout to put in all the work for this.

——

We've been in here for about 10 minutes and I just finished writing.

I think I did pretty good but it's all about how it sounds together.

I hoped in the booth and put my headphones on, holding up a thumbs up to signal for him to start the track.

I opened my songbook to the lyrics and let the words flow right out.

Well we must be some zanies and fools
To take a gamble on this love just like we do
What a wonderfully crazy thing to do
Love like magnets, we were powerless to choose
I'm so powerful every time I look at you
No memory of anything I couldn't do
It's possible, so possible

I nod my head, getting a feel for the beat as I wait for my cue for the 1st verse.

Once upon a time I wasn't sure of myself
I would always claim I never had no help
Look into the mirror, the most unfair of all
Hit the Player's Ball, it was unbearable
Another big birthday, another milestone
To make your birthstone feel like rhinestone
The caterpillars that had burrowed inside my belly
Started to flutter before I learned how to fly
I had a bunch of midlife crises 'fore I turned 25
The teachers put me in the back where I was learning to hide
'Cause when the teachers call you special, that's a perfect disguise
I had to bury all the dancing that would burgeon inside
I got quiet, thought the silence was the perfect reply