Ch.16- Regret in your tears

Your POV

Chance's body laid idle on the hospital bed.

He hadn't woken up since I brought him here which was about an hour or two ago, I lost count.

"Chance Y/ln what the fuck do you not understand, I doubt there's anyone else in this fucking building with that name and last name"

My mothers voice boomed with base from the reception. She continued to yell at the receptionist, her voice cracking every few sentences.

I put my hat and shades back on, taking a short breath before walking up to stop the dilemma.

I held up my hand at both of them, not trusting my voice and made a gesture to let my mother through.

Y/mn rolled her eyes and followed close behind me, pestering me with questions about what happened that I simply did not want to answer.

"Oh my god" I heard her gasp from beside me as she saw her first born son laid on the bed. His face beaten to a pulp and bruises darkening or forming from his jaw all the way to his knee, which were both severely swollen from where they hit him.

She ran up to him, grasping his hand and caressing his cheek.

"Hey baby, I'm here" She ran her hands through his dark, curly hair.

"He hasn't responded to anything, He's been asleep since I brought him here" She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

She simply shook her head and continued to talk to my non-responsive brother.

About an hour passed by before Brian and Billie ran into the room, Brian immediately going to hug and comfort my mother and Billie doing the same for me.

You know when you put up a front that you're ok but as soon as someone hugs you-you break down ? yeah that's exactly what happened.

I couldn't help the tears that fell as soon as she pulled me closer.

I buried my face in her neck, breaking down and letting my tears soak her shirt. I hadn't cried since I found him on the ground.

She pulled away and held my tear filled face in her hands, she leaned up and pecked my forehead before grabbing my hand and taking me somewhere more private.

She took me to an elevator and pressed the button. The bell dinged, signaling the doors would open, we stepped in and Billie pressed a random button before slamming her fist on the emergency stop button.

"Billie, what if the doctors need it ?" I questioned her.

"Oh well, I guess someone's gonna die today" She shrugged as slid down the elevator wall, sitting on the floor.

I looked at her in disgust, somebody's blood has been on this floor. I've watched a lot of grey's anatomy to know that.

I sighed before sliding down and joining her.

"What happened" She asked without looking at me.

I know how hard she's taking this, it's hurting her as much as it's hurting me. She acts like she loves him as a brother but I know she likes him, she may be even in love with him.

Best friends can always see the little things.

"I-" I took a deep breath and looked anywhere but at her.

I felt her grab my hand, and mutter a continue.

"He has been limping around in the morning so I wanted to know what happened, he said it was football but I knew he was lying so I pressed him on it but we ended up having an argument and I let him leave. I should have made him stay" A lone tear slipped out of my eye, I quickly wiped it away and gripped Billie's hand a little tighter.